Jerry Lawler, who collapsed from a heart attack Monday night during a live broadcast of "RAW," is now awake. The WWE commentator and former wrestler -- popularly known as "The King" -- reportedly has been in contact with close friends and loved ones since regaining consciousness.

Lawler, 62, is in serious but stable condition in a Montreal hospital following the incident on "RAW" three nights ago, reports said. Late Wednesday night, Lawler's broadcast partner, Michael Cole, posted on Twitter that he had spoken to King over the phone.

"You will never believe this! I just got off the phone with the King and he is alert and in great spirits!" Cole tweeted. [Jerry Lawler] sends his love to you all and thanks you for all the support! He says the strap will be coming down soon!  Folks [Jerry Lawler] is going to win this!"

On Thursday, Cole gave the simple update: "The King is in great spirits again today! #GetWellJerry"

Cole, who was working next to Lawler when he collapsed, gave updates on his condition throughout the show night. Though Cole remained at the announcers' table for the remainder of the show, there was no commentary, out of respect for Lawler.

Website NoDQ reported Wednesday that on this week's edition of "In the Room" Lawler's former wife and former WWE Diva Stacy Carter, who wrestled as the Kat in the late 90s and early 2000s, gave an update on her ex-husband's condition.

"Right now he's stable, being responsive with a tube down his throat. He's squeezing people's hands, nodding his head. He can point out where he's hurting, stuff like that," Carter said, according to NoDQ. "The next step is to wait for the test results to come back tomorrow, the scan on his brain to see what -- if any -- brain damage he may or may not have. And that's pretty much it. He's still critical but stable."

There's no word yet on when Lawler will be able to leave the hospital. The Los Angeles Times noted in an article that Carter said Lawler is talking and laughing with friends.

Although there were initial concerns Lawler might have suffered brain damage, his son said there were no signs of injury, the L.A. Times reported.

NoDQ reported that Lawler called the World Wrestling Entertainment CEO on Wednesday night. While no date is planned for his return to the air, there is speculation Lawler will make some kind of appearance at either the Oct. 15 RAW event from Nashville or the Oct. 16 SmackDown tapings from Memphis, his hometown.

The retired performer participated in a match with some of WWE's top talents about 45 minutes before he collapsed at ringside.