Joe Biden literally said the President has a big stick, I promise you on Thursday. Here's videos of 5 other gaffes he's made as VP.
Speaking at a campaign event in New York, Vice President Joe Biden made the Freudian slip before a crowd of supporters. Apparently he was trying to quote the Teddy Roosevelt quote, Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. Close but no cigar, JoeBo.
Here's the video clip:
The slip-up is certainly not the first for the Veep, as he is one of the most loose-lipped pols in Washington. Here's a line-up of some of his most hilarious and embarassing gaffes, which probably make President Barack Obama's skin crawl:
Continue Reading Below
1. The Wheelchair Incident: This may be Biden's most famous screw-up. At a campaign rally in 2008, Biden called on a state senator, asking him to stand up so everyone would be able to give him a round of applause. Little did he know the guy was in a wheelchair. Here's what he said: Chuck Graham, state senator's here. Chuck, stand up, Chuck let 'em see ya. Oh, God love ya, what am I talking about? I tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, old pal. Thank you very, very much. Watch the video clip below:
2. The infamous 7-11 debacle: During his time as a U.S. Senator from Delaware, Joe Biden was getting ready for his long career of gaffes and miscues, and one of the worst came in 2006 at a 7-11 convenience store. Speaking with a man whose nationality he may or may not have know, he uttered the following gem: You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking. Not the best way to make an impression. Click play below to watch the clip:
3. Barack America: This flub was at an early campaign event in 2008. Biden was talking up his future boss and then-running mate, but it seems it didn't quite have his name down as he totally got it wrong: This election year the choice is clear. One man stands ready to deliver change we desperately need. A man I am proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next president of the United States, Barack America! Watch the clip below:
4. Big f---ing deal: Obama and Biden were signing the health care overhaul early on in the Obama presidency when Joe Biden let an f-bomb drop. Whispering into Obama's ear while he likely thought no one would be able to hear him, the mic picked up him telling the POTUS that This is a big f---ing deal. Not good for their image. Here's the clip:
5. Racial Insensitivity: While Joe Biden was still running against Barack Obama in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary, he uttered a sentence that got him into a boatload of trouble for racial insensitivity. Here's what he said: I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy ... I mean, that's a storybook, man. Watch the clip below: