Summer isn’t over yet, but a few of the summer TV shows will be wrapping up. July will bring quite a few season and series finales.
Fox’s creepy “Wayward Pines” Season 1 will come to an end on July 23. The series leaves us with burning questions in every episode, so expect the finale to throw in some crazy twists. Now that Ethan (Matt Dillon) knows the secrets of Wayward Pines, he is in more danger than ever. Hopefully, the mystery series gives fans some solid answers – especially since Season 2 hasn’t been ordered yet – but “Wayward Pines” will likely leave audiences with a few loose ends.
Unfortunately, some series will end for good. “The Messengers” Season 1 finale will serve as a series finale for the apocalyptic CW drama. The series was cancelled after only three episodes, but the network has allowed the show to continue airing, despite low ratings. The series finale will air July 24, but it isn’t clear if the last episode will give viewers closure. With such a quick cancellation, the writers might not have had time to properly wrap up the series.
Those who don't like to commit to shows for years should know that several miniseries will start and end in the month of July. “The Spoils Before Dying” is a follow-up to last year’s “The Spoils of Babylon.” Both are IFC parodies of the epic miniseries from the ‘80s, starring Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell (who recently parodied Lifetime movies with “A Deadly Adoption”). “The Spoils Before Dying” wraps up on July 10. Those looking for a more serious limited series can tune in to “Tut” on Spike. The dramatic three-night event will show King Tut (Avan Jogia) as he comes into power. The historical drama concludes on July 21.
Check out all of the season and series finales for July below:
Wednesday, July 1
- “Million Dollar Listing” Season 4 finale 9 p.m. EDT on Bravo.
Thursday, July 2
- “Olympus” Season 1 finale airs at 11 p.m. EDT on Syfy.
Saturday, July 4
- “The Graham Norton Show” Season 17 finale airs at 10 p.m. EDT on BBC America.
Sunday, July 5
- “Penny Dreadful” Season 2 finale airs at 10 p.m. EDT on Showtime.
Wednesday, July 8
- “First Peoples” Season 1 finale airs at 9 p.m. EDT on PBS.
Friday, July 10
- “The Spoils Before Dying” finale airs at 9 p.m. EDT on IFC.
Saturday, July 11
- “The McCarthys” series finale airs at 9:30 p.m. EDT on CBS.
Saturday, July 18
- “The Millers” series finale airs at 8:30 p.m. EDT on CBS.
Tuesday, July 21
- “Tut” finale airs at 9 p.m. EDT on Spike.
Thursday, July 23
- “Wayward Pines” Season 1 finale airs at 9 p.m. EDT on Fox.
Friday, July 24
- “The Messengers” Season 1 finale, the series finale, airs at 9 p.m. EDT on the CW.
Saturday, July 25
- “Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell” Season 1 finale airs at 10 p.m. EDT on BBC America.
Sunday, July 26
- “The Crimson Field” Season 1 finale airs at 10 p.m. EDT on PBS.
Monday, July 27
- “The Bachelorette” Season 11 finale airs at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC.
Friday, July 31
- “Degrassi” Season 14 finale airs at 8 p.m. EDT on TeenNick.
- “HitRecord on TV!” Season 2 finale airs at 10 p.m. EDT on Pivot.