“Jurassic World” director Colin Trevorrow has confirmed that he doesn't plan to direct the fifth installment of the successful film franchise. During his media tour for “Jurassic World,” the fourth film in the series, Trevorrow told Badtaste.it that he will participate in the No. 5 film, but not direct it.

“ 'Jurassic Park' is like ‘Star Wars.’ Different directors can give a different taste to each movie. I would be involved in some way, but not as director,” he said. Universal has yet to reveal any details about the next installment in the franchise, but Trevorrow previously told Empire magazine that the “Jurassic World” plot lays the foundation for future films.

“We [Universal and I] definitely talked about [sequels] a lot. We wanted to create something that would be a little bit less arbitrary and episodic, and something that could potentially arc into a series that would feel like a complete story,” he said.

“Jurassic World” will open June 12.  He has also written the screenplay of the film with Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Derek Connolly, based on characters from Michael Crichton's book. The new film concerns the story of hybrid dinosaur Indominus Rex, which is created to attract the visitors to a dinosaur theme park. Hell breaks looks when the hybrid escapes.

The cast includes Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D'Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, Omar Sy, B.D. Wong and Irrfan Khan. Steven Spielberg, who directed the first two installments, is executive producer of the fourth film.