Yeezus has spoken yet again, and this time it was on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
Rapper Kanye West went on Kimmel’s late-night talk show Wednesday night to hash out his differences with the host after their very public disagreement via Twitter, following West's recent interview with Zane Low for BBC Radio 1. Throughout the interview, West discussed his fashion sense, his impact on the creative world, and basically his all-around genius.
This was catnip for comedian Kimmel, who put together a video making fun of West’s interview and showed it on his show the next night. West quickly responded with a Twitter rant, saying exactly what he thinks of Kimmel.
But Kimmel and West patched things up on Wedneday night, officially killing the “rap beef,” and all is right with the world again.
It didn't hurt that West’s appearance produced record-breaking ratings, besides giving viewers a trove of memorable one-liners.
These are the top 10 best Kanye quotes from his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel’s show:
1) “Don’t ask me a question about something you saw in the tabloids. Don’t try to antagonize me. Because you know what? It’s not safe for you in the zoo. Never think that I'm not from Chicago for one second and think you can walk up and disrespect me and my family constantly."
2) "I'm totally weird, and I'm totally honest, and I'm totally inappropriate sometimes. And the thing is, for me to say I wasn't a genius, I would just be lying to you and to myself."
3) "I wouldn't even say that I'm a rapper. I'd say I'm more of a messenger than a rapper."
4) "If you guys look at the Zane interview, it's really something extremely fearless for someone in my position to do, because most people just bow down to TV. ... I could care less about any of these cameras, in all honesty. All I care about is my family."
5) "They said something about they're not gonna put my girl on the Walk of Fame because she's a reality star. It's like, people are so, so dated and not modern. It's like, there's no way a Kim Kardashian shouldn't have a star on the Walk of Fame. It's ridiculous."
6) "I just thought it was so amazing that I was saying this in real time, in real life, you know what I'm saying, with my position. ... Just to completely wild out."
7) "It's not about racism anymore. It's classism. ... Paula Deen, she was old school with it."
8) "This is what I'm here to do. So when I compare myself to Steve Jobs or Walt Disney, Howard Hughes, David Stern, Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Jesus or whatever it is, I'm saying, these are my heroes. These are people that I look up to. This is the type of impact I want to make on the earth."
9) "You do help me get money, paparazzi. You show people how fresh my outfit is."
10) "I do everything I can to break media."
Watch the full Kanye West interview on “Jimmy Kimmel Live”:
Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2
- 'The Voice' Top 20 Results Show Recap: See Who Made It To 'The Voice' Top 12 [SPOILERS]
- 'The Voice' Recap: See What Happened Tuesday Night On 'The Voice' Top 20 Live Performances [SPOILERS]
- Miley Cyrus Fighting For Another Chance With Liam Hemsworth: Writes Him An 'Open Letter' Apology
- Meet Kamala Khan, Marvel Comics Newest Superhero, A Muslim Teen