Kate Middleton has a lot to celebrate this weekend. On the heels of ringing in the New Year with her husband Prince William and two kids, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, the Duchess of Cambridge is celebrating her 34th birthday Saturday, Jan. 9.
It hasn't yet been revealed how Middleton will be spending her big day, but to help her celebrate we rounded up 20 fun and interesting facts you may not have known about her. Check them out below:
1. Kate Middleton is quite the athlete. Besides playing a number of sports in school, like tennis and swimming, Middleton set a high-jump record for 1.50 meters when she was at St. Andrews School in Berkshire. According to Yahoo!, no one has beat her record yet.
2. She once played Prince Charming in her school play "Cinderella." Middleton was also cast as Eliza Doolittle in the play "My Fair Lady."
3. The Duchess of Cambridge uses Bobbi Brown eye shadow in the shade Saddle to fill in her eyebrows, reports Yahoo!. She also keeps her skin glowing with Trilogy’s Rosehip Oil, which you can buy here.
4. When she was younger, her nickname in school was "Squeak."
5. A palace spokesman for Kensington Palace once confirmed that Middleton has a three-inch scar on her scalp and said it was from a “very serious operation” she had as a child. It wasn't revealed what the operation was for.
6. The creator of "One Tree Hill” once said the now-canceled series was one of Middleton's favorite TV shows.
7. She's also a fan of the PBS series "Downton Abbey." Last year, she visited the set of the show, met the cast and watched some of the filming.
8. The mother of two was reportedly bullied in school. According to British OK! she left Downe House School in Berkshire and transferred to Marlborough College because people used to pick on her for being "too perfect."
9. She loves going to the Old Boot Inn in Stanford Dingley, a village in Berkshire, England, for their sticky toffee pudding.
10. Before becoming a Princess, Middleton had a regular job as an assistant accessories buyer for the fashion brand Jigsaw.
11. Supposedly, many of the Duchess' friends knew she would become royalty way before she did. According to Yahoo!, her nickname in school was “Princess in Waiting.”
12. She supposedly wants to one day open her own bakery and launch a children’s clothing line with her brother. According to British OK!, all the proceeds would go towards disadvantaged youths.
13. According to People magazine, Prince William's wife isn't sure she has a favorite color. If she had to pick, however, it would be white. Side note: Prince William's favorite color is blue.
14. The Duchess of Cambridge knows her way around the kitchen, Good Housekeeping reports. The outlet previously reported that Middleton likes to cook, owns a sausage maker and loves to make strawberry jam and plum preserves.
15. According to several reports, Middleton's nickname for her husband is "Big Willie." He likes to call her "Babykins."
16. According to AOL, the Duchess and her sister Pippa Middleton used to have “camping parties” in the backyard of their family home.
17. Long before she dated Prince William, the Duchess had a crush on a guy named Woody Webster. The pair used to sneak kisses behind Merlin’s Mound, a landmark on campus at Marlborough College.
18. Middleton's celebrity crush used to be Tom Cruise, AOL reports. She was supposedly so fond of the actor that her favorite movie was his 1988 film "Cocktail."
19. According to Marie Claire, some of her favorite designers include Alexander McQueen, Zara, Reiss, L.K. Bennett and Temporary London.
20. Us Weekly reports that Middleton's favorite flower is a yellow rose from Africa that smells like honey.