Kim Jong-un, the third and youngest son of Kim Jong-il, the former dictatorial leader of North Korea, is gradually developing a personality cult, in a process orchestrated by the North Korean government and aided by the state-run media.
Despite being rather young and absolutely inexperienced, Jong-un has already been appointed the new leader of the country and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces' of one of the world's most unstable nuclear states.
Check out a round-up of the ten least known fun facts about North Korea's new unelected leader:
1. Date of Birth is a Mystery - Kim Jong-un may have been born either in 1983 or 1984. The exact date, much like it was with his father, remains a secret. The North Korean authorities, however, claim he was born on Jan. 8, 1984
2. Used Pseudonym in College - Jong-un attended the International School of Bern, till 1988, under the pseudonym Pak Un. Many of his classmates did not believe, at the time, he was the son of the North Korean ruler. He learned to speak English, German and French during his time there.
Continue Reading Below
3. Obsessed with the NBA - According to his Swiss college friends, Jong Un was obsessed with the NBA, Kobe Bryant, Toni Kukoc, Michael Jordan and LA Lakers. He apparently possessed photographs with NBA players and had a room filled with NBA-memorabilia.
4. Nike Sneakers Fetish - Despite being born to the Kim dynasty, Jong-un was markedly indifferent to politics and his father's anti-American propaganda. He apparently didn't have a problem with American brands and owned a massive collection of expensive Nike Sneakers.
5. World's Youngest Head of State - Whether he was born in 1983 or 1984, Jong-un is currently the world's youngest head of state.
6. Heavy Drinker - Unconfirmed reports and an account by Kim Jong-il's chef claims Jong-un is a heavy drinker, is a diabetic and suffers from hypertension. Kim Jong-il's former personal chef, Kenji Fujimoto, stated if power is to be handed over then Jong-un is the best for it. He has superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat.
7. Birthday is National Holiday - In an effort to make the dynastic succession a smooth one, Jong-un's birthday was declared a national holiday in North Korea, in 2010.
8. Non Existent Photograph - There were no photographs of Jong-un, as an adult, prior to his being declared the heir apparent to the North Korean leadership - apart from a grainy black-and-white image of him as a teenager.
9. Scared of Barbers, Cuts His Own Hair - Jong-un allegedly has a morbid fear of barbers, stemming from a traumatic childhood experience and prefers to cut his own hair. His buzz-style haircut has apparently set a fashion trend in North Korea and young men are reportedly queuing up in front of parlors to get the Jong-un Cut.
10. Cosmetic Procedures - South Korean media speculates Kim Jong-un may have undergone several cosmetic procedures to look like his grandfather - the founder of North Korea. His recent photographs, either due to weight gain or due to alleged cosmetic procedures, look noticeably different from those of him as a teenager.