"Minecraft's" huge December update has landed for European PlayStation owners, but those in North America with a Vita, PS3 or PS4 will need to continue to wait. According to a Twitter update from game developer 4J Studios, there is no news on when gamers in the United States and Canada will have access to the new in-game materials, though they hope to have word "early next week."
No news yet on the update for PlayStation platforms in North America. We hope to have news early next week.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) December 20, 2014
The new update grants players the ability to ride and tame horses, to use new items like hardened clay, and also includes new mobs such as mules and wither skeletons.
Below is a complete list of what's new, courtesy of the Minecraft Forum website.
Added new items:
- Hardened clay
- Stained clay
- Block of coal
- Hay bale
- Activator rail
- Block of redstone
- Daylight sensor
- Minecart with hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone comparator
- Weighted pressure plate
- Trapped chest
- Firework rocket
- Firework star
- Nether star
- Horse armor
- Horse spawn egg
Added new mobs:
- Wither skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features -- witch huts.
- Replaced the tutorial world with a new world containing some new minitutorials for the new functionality.
- Added beacon interface.
- Added horse interface.
- Added hopper interface.
- Added fireworks -- fireworks interface is accessible from the crafting table when you have the ingredients to craft a firework star or firework rocket.
- Added "adventure mode" -- you can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another repeater.
- Zombies and skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a nametag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A redstone signal describing the contents of chests, brewing stands, dispensers and jukeboxes can be detected by placing a redstone comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a golden apple gives the player extra "absorption" health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- New game and host options (daylight cycle, keep inventory, mob options, tile drop and a regeneration option).