Members of the United States Marine Corps are speaking out after female MMA fighter Ronda Rousey agreed to attend this year's Marine Corps Ball. The UFC athlete was recently invited by Lance Corporal Jarrod Haschert via a Facebook video, which quickly went viral. Now it seems both Rousey, 28, and the USMC are looking forward to the event. 

According to TMZ, Captain Kendra Motz, and the rest of the military brand, are excited to have Rousey at the 2015 Marine Corps Ball. Motz told the publication she and the USMC were willing to "welcome" Rousey with open arms. She added that it is always exciting to have people outside the USMC attend the Marine Corps Ball where they can get a feel for their history and traditions.

"We welcome her to enjoy our ceremonies," Motz said. "It's exciting for all our guests. It's a time to educate them on our traditions." 

TMZ approached Rousey about the video on Monday while she was out and about in Los Angeles with friends. When asked whether or not she had seen the video, the professionally trained fighter revealed that she had -- and seemed impressed by Haschert's gutsy move. She added that she was considering going, but that the ball conflicted with her training camp schedule. Fortunately for Haschert, the fight was moved from January to November and she is now free to go. Rousey told TMZ she wasn't sure how to go about contacting the young Marine, but said she "would definitely go." They reached out to him later that day with the good news -- and Rousey's stipulations, which include, but are not limited to, him having to find dates for her whole crew.

"He's cute. He's gotta be a gentleman, though, I'm not a first date kind of girl," she said. "But, I don't know, we'll see when I meet him."

Haschert first uploaded the video to Facebook on Aug. 22. Accompanying it was a message to his "friends" asking them to share and encourage others to follow suit. As of Thursday morning, the video had been shared more than 200,000 times.