- Today Cyprus, Tomorrow Italy Or Spain?
March 18 2013 12:02 PM
Cyprus' financial woes are haunting Europe and have a global impact. The question now is how serious this may become.
- IRS Has $917M In Tax Refunds For People Who Haven't Filed Since 2009
March 18 2013 10:50 AM
Refunds of more than $917 million may await an estimated 984,400 taxpayers. Find out if you're one of them.
- JPMorgan Chief Jamie Dimon Still Sitting Pretty
March 18 2013 9:17 AM
The trading scandal is the proverbial water off the duck's back for JPMorgan Chase & Co. chairman.
- Tick, Tock... Cyprus Delays Critical Vote
March 18 2013 8:12 AM
Cypriot lawmakers won't vote on a radical plan to assess a fee on bank depositors' savings until Tuesday.
- Cypriot Leaders Aim To Revise Bank Savings Fee
March 18 2013 7:34 AM
The euro zone bailout of Cyprus is threatening the stability of the monetary union.
- SAC Affiliates Settle 2 Insider-Trading Cases For $615.7M
March 16 2013 10:47 PM
One of the settlements set a record as the largest ever reached in an insider-trading case: $601,747,463.22.
- Earnings Reports To Watch This Week
March 15 2013 1:24 PM
The fourth-quarter earnings are closing on a surprisingly good note, but analysts’ first-quarter growth estimates are looking bearish.
- A Whale Of A Trade - Senate To Grill JPMorgan Execs
March 15 2013 8:16 AM
The Senate summoned former and current bank officials to Capitol Hill on Friday to be grilled over "London Whale" trades.
- US Stocks Appear To Slip The Surly Bonds Of Earth
March 14 2013 4:10 PM
Strong economic reports plus money from institutional investors continue to propel U.S. equities higher and higher.
- SEC To Illinois: Stop Deceiving Bond Buyers
March 12 2013 9:01 AM
Illinois officials lied to bond investors about its pension fund's woeful state, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleges.
- Make It 5 In A Row For The Dow
March 11 2013 4:33 PM
U.S. stocks had another strong trading day Monday as investors ignored weak data from Europe and China to lift the blue-chip index.
- Did Conspicuous Consumption By Clergy Kill The Auction?
March 11 2013 11:29 AM
Saint Marina Eastern Orthodox Church trustees are mulling a second try at selling the pricey Rolex to pay the electric bill.
- Nice Capital Gains Tax Rate, If You Can Get It
March 11 2013 8:56 AM
Puerto Rico's year-old enticing tax reforms reportedly has billionaire hedge-funder John Paulson considering a move to the tropics.
- Where US Corporations Stash Their Cash
March 11 2013 8:02 AM
Some of the largest companies in the U.S. greatly boosted their tax-avoiding cash stockpiles abroad last year.
- Dow Closes At All-Time High - Is This Rally For Real?
March 05 2013 4:43 PM
Dow Jones Industrial Average has shattered its old record, burying the legacy of the Great Recession.
- Dow At Record High - Next Stop 15,000?
March 05 2013 10:50 AM
The benchmark Dow Jones Industrial Average stock index set a record high Tuesday, pushing through the 14,164 level reached in Oct. 2007.
- The Richest Get Richer, By $250 Million Each, Per Day
March 01 2013 11:35 AM
The world’s billionaires had a combined fortune of $5.5 trillion -- the equivalent of China’s GDP, according to Hurun.
- JPMorgan Chase To Cut Payroll By Up To 19,000
February 26 2013 9:15 AM
Top U.S. bank will cut its payroll by as many as 19,000 through 2014 in bid to reduce expenses by $1 billion.
- Uffa! Italian Stocks, Bonds Tumble After Indecisive Election
February 26 2013 7:46 AM
Italy's post-election questions: What happens to Mario Monti's reforms? Will the ECB help cap rising Italian bond rates?
- Death Cross: Gold Falls And Will Keep Falling
February 20 2013 7:25 AM
Gold has fallen into a price trap known as a "death cross." It may be a while before it starts rising again.