- Dow Tops 15,000 For First Time Ever
May 03 2013 10:56 AM
Both the blue-chip index and the broader S&P 500 crossed historic thresholds after a strong April U.S. jobs report.
- Regulatory Hassles Mount Against JPMorgan Chase
May 03 2013 8:52 AM
Some of the latest accusations include overcharging for electricity contracts and using faulty documents to go after debt defaulters.
- Recovery Revving Up? US Added 165K Jobs In April
May 03 2013 8:34 AM
Job increases for March and February were revised substantially higher, while the unemployment rate fell to 7.5 percent.
- Fed Maintains Bond-Buying Pace But Is Prepared To Change
May 01 2013 2:13 PM
The Fed said it can increase/reduce purchases to maintain the appropriate policy as the outlook for the labor market or inflation changes.
- US Treasury To Pay Down Debt For First Time In 6 Years
April 30 2013 12:21 PM
The revised quarterly payoff, $35 billion, reverses a February projection of a $103 billion deficit for the quarter.
- US Home Prices Surge 9.3% In February
April 30 2013 9:08 AM
The pace of U.S. real estate price increases is accelerating, and the housing sector remains the brightest sector in the economy.
- Higher Profits Expected For Comcast Amid NBCUniversal Acquisition
April 30 2013 7:11 AM
Comcast is expected to report higher first-quarter earnings on the heels of its early acquisition of NBCUniversal.
- S&P 500 Climbs To Record High
April 29 2013 4:49 PM
The broad-based S&P 500 stock index set its second record in a month Monday, on strong tech and energy stock gains.
- The Tie That Binds China's Losing Businesses: Government
April 29 2013 1:16 PM
The Chinese government's commitment to industrial policy is producing a string of losses from state-subsidized companies.
- Euro Zone Now In Its Longest Recession Ever
April 29 2013 10:48 AM
While fears about the impact of the crises in Cyprus and Italy have died down, the wider economic outlook has not improved.
- IMF Says Asia Boosting Global Economy, But...
April 29 2013 7:27 AM
The International Monetary Fund warned that Asian policymakers should monitor growing financial imbalances fueled by cheap credit.
- Fed Throws Anti-Counterfeiting Curveball With New $100 Bill
April 26 2013 9:15 AM
The Federal Reserve will begin circulating a redesigned $100 bill this fall, and counterfeiters may find it a challenge.
- US GDP Grows In 1Q, But By Less Than Forecast
April 26 2013 9:12 AM
The U.S. economy has grown for 15 straight quarters, but the average pace, just above 2 percent annually, is weak by historical standards.
- Finance Companies Stop Loans To Gun Retailers
April 25 2013 2:21 PM
GE Capital becomes the latest financial institution to back away from the gun business.
- US Federal Reserve To The ECB: We Don't Trust You
April 25 2013 12:51 PM
According to Federal Reserve data, overseas banks accounted for about 70 percent of the Fed's discount window loans.
- What Is Your US Income Tax Doing For You?
April 25 2013 10:53 AM
The White House website lets taxpayers get a personalized look at where their tax dollars are being spent.
- World's Gold Rushing To Asia
April 25 2013 10:38 AM
Asian buyers are responding to the recent big drop in gold prices by purchasing as much as they can get.
- US Jobless Claims Drop To Lowest Level In 6 Weeks
April 25 2013 9:03 AM
Fewer Americans filed for new unemployment benefits in the latest week, as the U.S. labor market continues to slowly improve.
- Yahoo Japan Invests $20M To Promote US Startups In Japan
April 24 2013 3:10 PM
Yahoo Japan Corp. pitches in SoftBank Capital's efforts to expand venture capital efforts that attract U.S. investment.
- Silver Institute Sees Lower Silver Prices In 2013
April 24 2013 8:24 AM
The damage from the recent sell-off in silver prices will not likely be repaired this year.