While many TV shows are coming to an end, summer programming is just getting started. There are over 20 shows premiering in May, and it seems like there will be something for everyone to watch.
Reality fans will be happy to know that “The Bachelorette” will return to ABC for Season 11 on Monday, May 18. Those who tuned in for last season's installment of the flasgship series “The Bachelor” know that two girls will star in the first episode. Caitlyn Bristowe and Britt Nilsson will have to win the votes of the men in order to be named the Bachelorette.
If you’re into Netflix original series, the streaming service will debut a couple of new shows. “Grace and Frankie” premieres on May 8 and reunites “9 to 5” stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda. The two play adversaries who come together when their husbands fall in love with each other. “Between,” is a dystopian series where a disease kills everyone over the age of 21 in a small town. The government decides to quarantine the town, forcing the young adults to figure out how to run their society. The series premieres on Netflix on Thursday, May 21.
There is also some family programming premiering in May. Disney Channel's hit “Girl Meets World” returns for Season 2 on Monday, May 11. However, it’s a premiere week for the “Boy Meets World” spinoff. New episodes will premiere every night at 8 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday. The new season will bring back some familiar faces like Eric (Will Friedle) and Mr. Feeny (William Daniels).
Check out all of the shows premiering in May below:
Friday, May 8
- “Grace and Frankie” Season 1 will premiere on Netflix.
Monday, May 11
- “Girl Meets World” Season 2 premieres at 8 p.m. EDT on Disney Channel.
Wednesday, May 13
- “Moone Boy” Season 3 premieres on Hulu.
- “Sing It On” series premiere will air at 10 p.m. EDT on Pop.
Thursday, May 14
- “Wayward Pines” series premiere airs at 9 p.m. EDT on Fox.
- “Maron” Season 3 premieres at 10 p.m. EDT on IFC.
Monday, May 18
- “The Bachelorette” Season 11 premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC.
Thursday, May 21
- “Between” Season 1 will be posted on Netflix.
- “Braxton Family Values” Season 4B premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on We.
- “Cutting It: In the ATL” will air a series premiere at 10 p.m. EDT on We.
Sunday, May 24
- “Rich Kids of Beverly Hills” returns for Season 2 at 10 p.m. EDT on E!
Monday, May 25
- “Texas Rising” miniseries premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on the History channel.
- “American Ninja Warrior” returns to NBC for Season 7 at 8 p.m. EDT.
- “The Island” series premiere airs at 10 p.m. EDT on NBC.
Tuesday, May 26
- “America’s Got Talent” Season 10 premieres at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC.
- “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” Season 6 premieres at 8 p.m. EDT on Fox.
- “Extreme Weight Loss” Season 5 premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC.
Wednesday, May 27
- “The Briefcase” will air a series premiere at 8 p.m. EDT on CBS.
- “Bullseye” Season 1 premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on Fox.
Thursday, May 28
- “Aquarius” series premiere airs at 9 p.m. EDT on NBC.
- “Smile” Season 1 premieres on Lifetime at 10 p.m. EDT on Lifetime.
Saturday, May 30
- “Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe” miniseries premieres at 9 p.m. EDT on Lifetime.
Sunday, May 31
- “Halt and Catch Fire” Season 2 premieres at 10 p.m. EDT on AMC.