- Unpaid ‘Sleep No More’ Interns Speak Out
December 07 2013 8:29 AM
In response to an IBTimes report earlier this week, former unpaid interns for the commercially successful production “Sleep No More” shared some of their backstage experiences.
- Archie Comics CEO's Harassment Defense Doesn’t Stand A Chance, Even If Victims Are White Men
December 06 2013 4:21 PM
The co-CEO of Archie Comics wants a harassment suit filed against her dismissed because the plaintiffs are white males and not a "protected class."
- Paris Hilton Tweet Hoax: Why Were The Media So Quick To Buy It?
December 06 2013 1:33 PM
In spreading a phony quote about Nelson Mandela, Twitter user @DeletedTweets inadvertently proved the powerful allure of the almighty screenshot.
- NY's Ultra-Trendy 'Sleep No More' - 'Macbeth' With Unpaid Labor
December 03 2013 2:32 PM
Though offered no pay, the smash hit's interns are asked to work six shows weekly and ensure the safety of audience and performers.
- A Dose Of Digital Reality For New York Magazine
December 02 2013 11:40 AM
The publication will cut its print issue frequency roughly in half, but no layoffs are expected -- and the Approval Matrix is here to stay.
- ASPCA Rescues Black Friday With Free Adoption Event
November 29 2013 1:25 PM
If you are in the market for a new furry friend, today's the day: The ASPCA is waiving cat adoption fees in New York on Black Friday.
- GoldieBlox Fights Beastie Boys On Fair Use Rights
November 25 2013 5:29 PM
GoldieBlox Inc., which encourages girls to become engineers, used an unlicensed parody of a Beastie Boys song in its commercial. Is it a social statement or copyright theft?
- Can A New Music Magazine Succeed?
November 21 2013 5:07 PM
A pioneer in online music journalism is entering old-media territory with a quarterly magazine called The Pitchfork Review.
- Fed-Up Writers To Publishers: There Is No Free Lunch
November 19 2013 1:48 PM
The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain is the latest group to launch a campaign telling writers not to work without pay.
- Bloomberg News - Adieu Arts Coverage?
November 18 2013 5:09 PM
Bloomberg News editorial staff hit by a round of layoffs; some are reporting that Bloomberg is eliminating arts and culture reporting altogether.
- Downloading Rape Porn Could Mean Prison For Brits
November 18 2013 3:04 PM
U.K. lawmakers are banning the possession of pornographic images that depict simulated rape, but some say the law goes too far.
- Misogynistic School Speaker Had Ties To Gay Conversion Group
November 15 2013 5:44 PM
Justin Lookadoo, whose gender-stereotyping lecture at a Texas high school brought outrage this week, has been linked to the ex-gay organization Exodus International.
- This Godless Church Is Too Churchy For Some Atheists
November 15 2013 2:09 PM
The Sunday Assembly, a growing congregation, wants to spread positivity without God, but it’s leaving some atheists in a state of disbelief.
- Is Time Inc. The Next Huffington Post?
November 14 2013 3:18 PM
Norman Pearlstine, CCO of Time, likes the Forbes-style contributor model, which relies on content created by unpaid or low-paid bloggers.
- Big-Box Stores Take Heat For Thanksgiving Day Openings
November 13 2013 2:44 PM
Boycott efforts are underway to stop companies like Wal-Mart, Target and Macy’s from offering Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving.
- In Wake Of Tragedy, Rock Fans Discover Yellow Dogs
November 12 2013 1:47 PM
New fans are discovering the music of the Iranian rock band the Yellow Dogs after two members were fatally shot in a Brooklyn apartment.
- Redditors Fight Back Against YouTube Google+ Integration
November 11 2013 12:23 PM
Thousands of angry Reddit users descended on a Google products forum Monday, demanding the right to comment anonymously on YouTube.
- California Caterer Recalls Ready-To-Eat Salads, Wraps
November 11 2013 7:15 AM
E. coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause dehydration, bloody diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
- Millennials Get An Opera, But Will They Tweet About It?
November 08 2013 8:18 PM
“Two Boys,” a tale of teenage angst and online deception, is luring young people to the Met Opera. Will they come back?
- Republicans Refuse To Accept Obama’s 'Non-Apology'
November 08 2013 3:05 PM
Asked about gaps in the new health care law, President Obama responded with a perfectly reasoned expression of regret. And then the right pounced.