- As Detroit Residents Suffer, PETA Dangles A Carrot
July 25 2014 3:32 PM
The animal-rights group on Friday defended its plan to pay water bills for 10 Detroit families who agree to go vegan.
- Is This Harry Styles's New Girlfriend
July 25 2014 10:45 AM
Model Paige Reifler claims she is dating Harry Styles
- Could HBO Go Solo As A Separate Company?
July 24 2014 5:27 PM
Having confidently rejected Rupert Murdoch, Time Warner Inc., which owns HBO and CNN, is getting the rumor-mill treatment.
- Comcast's Customer Service Isn't Terrible, Just Nonexistent
July 24 2014 2:00 PM
The Philly-based cable giant emphasizes upselling over problem-solving, and workers say those who don’t make their metrics pay a steep price.
- Internet Surrenders To White Flag Speculation
July 23 2014 1:59 PM
Conspiracy theories abound over two bleached American Flags planted atop the Brooklyn Bridge, but the whodunit has the NYPD stumped.
- Crisis Or Not, CNN Can’t Beat Fox News
July 22 2014 6:05 PM
Coverage of the Malaysia Airlines crash and Israeli invasion of Gaza lifted CNN, but Fox News still dominates.
- Beyoncé And Jay Z 'Too Big To Fail' Even If They Split
July 22 2014 1:51 PM
Unsubstantiated rumors say the celebrity power couple may be on the outs, but a PR expert said that both of their brands are "too big to fail."
- Charity Group Warns Of MH17 Scams
July 21 2014 6:32 PM
In the wake of a plane shot down over eastern Ukraine, fraudsters are already on the prowl.
- No, Comcast Is Not The Fastest Internet In The Country
July 18 2014 2:27 PM
The now-infamous phone rep who wouldn’t let Ryan Block cancel his Comcast account wasn’t just pushy. He was lying.
- US Power Grid Blackouts Eclipse All Other Developed Nations
July 17 2014 3:01 PM
Power outages in the U.S. have skyrocketed nearly 300 percent since the '80s.
- Why Would Time Warner Turn Down $80B?
July 16 2014 2:43 PM
Amid consolidation mania, a merger for Time Warner is likely, but not everyone wants to work for Rupert Murdoch.
- FCC Extends Net Neutrality Comment Period
July 15 2014 4:59 PM
It's not too late to comment on the future of net neutrality: After its website crashed, the FCC extended the online comment period through Friday.
- Cancel Comcast? Good Luck With That
July 15 2014 3:00 PM
Cable customers may be ready to cut the cord, but companies aren’t ready to let them.
- Shunned By Dad, A Pansexual Student Turns To The Crowd
July 14 2014 5:34 PM
After her parents allegedly cut her off, a University of Pittsburgh student launched a GoFundMe campaign to pay for tuition.
- Archie Takes A Bullet To Save Gay Friend
July 14 2014 12:45 PM
In a decisive statement on gun violence, Archie Comics will kill off its title character -- but there's more to the story.
- Beautiful! Lupita Nyong’o Saves Vogue From Magocalypse 2014
July 11 2014 3:02 PM
Forget Kimye: Single-copy sales of the Lupita Nyong'o cover of Vogue are up despite a major disruption in magazine distribution.
- Jill Abramson: 'It Was A Bad Day For Me'
July 10 2014 3:30 PM
Jill Abramson has spoken out about her firing at the New York Times, and some of the biggest stories the paper did and didn't cover under her tenure.
- Costumed Characters Terrorize NYC Tourists
July 10 2014 1:59 PM
Lawmakers mull legislation to combat rogue Elmos and Minnies, but copyright and First Amendment questions loom.
- Copycats Chase Kickstarter Potato Salad Gold Rush
July 08 2014 4:10 PM
Would-be cooks are storming the Kickstarter kitchen after an Ohio man raised more than $52,000 to make potato salad.
- Sorry, ‘Opie & Anthony’ Fans: Shock Jocks Are Obsolete
July 08 2014 12:27 PM
A vociferous boycott effort over Anthony Cumia’s firing is likely to have little effect on satellite-radio company SiriusXM.