- Here’s How You Can Help Locate Flight 370
March 11 2014 3:24 PM
Using thousands of miles of satellite imagery, DigitalGlobe Inc. has launched a new crowdsourcing campaign to help locate the aircraft.
- Another Twist In The Malaysian Airlines Mystery
March 11 2014 7:20 AM
Malaysia's military now believes it has tracked the missing jetliner on radar after the last radio contact was made.
- What Getty Images Is Trying To Achieve With YouTube-Style Embed Tool
March 06 2014 4:09 PM
For the first time in its history, the notoriously protective stock-photo giant is making its images freely available for noncommercial use.
- Thousands Rally To Save Girl’s Pet Rooster
March 05 2014 5:11 PM
A 5-year-old Oregon girl was told by local authorities to get rid of her pet rooster, but thousands of Facebook supporters are calling it a bogus pecking order.
- Who Are The Richest People On The Planet?
March 04 2014 3:27 AM
Rising stock markets in 2013 swelled the ranks of the world’s billionaires, which included a record number of women.
- Maybe This Is Why Oscar Winners Never Thank God
March 03 2014 1:15 PM
Matthew McConaughey’s shout-out to the almighty in his Best Actor acceptance speech became a public referendum on America’s culture wars.
- The Best Oscar Night Drinking Games 2014
February 28 2014 6:02 PM
IBTimes culls together the best drinking games to keep you toasty for Sunday’s Academy Awards.
- Sarah Jones Oscar Tribute: Is The Academy Even Listening?
February 28 2014 2:44 PM
Supporters of a crew member killed on a film set continue to call on the Academy to add her to the “In Memoriam” segment.
- VFX Workers Plan Oscars Protest On Hollywood & Vine
February 26 2014 5:23 PM
Visual effects professionals say aggressive tax subsidies are destroying the industry, and they’re rallying on Sunday to voice their opposition.
- The Oscars’ Biggest Winner? Hollywood’s Economy
February 26 2014 11:25 AM
As part of the area’s lucrative “awards industry,” the event pulls its weight. But why is the Academy looking at the numbers?
- Amazon And The CIA: What Good Can Come Of This?
February 25 2014 6:24 PM
Privacy activists are warning of mass surveillance should Amazon Web Services go through with a cloud computing deal with the spy agency.
- Labor Woes Beset Workers Who Make Oscar Statuettes
February 21 2014 3:17 PM
Far from Hollywood, there's a labor dispute between Teamsters and R.S. Owens in Chicago, where Academy Awards statuettes are manufactured.
- Olympic Games And Happy Meals Don’t Mix: Health Advocates
February 19 2014 5:45 PM
A coalition of health advocates is asking Olympic winners to not accept sponsorships from McDonald’s Corp.
- Georgia's Confederate Flag Specialty Plate: Southern Pride Or Racist Emblem?
February 19 2014 2:07 PM
A reissued specialty license plate has reignited debate over the 13-starred battle flag.
- Gender Diversity In Sports Journalism: No Progress
February 19 2014 8:37 AM
A new report from the Women’s Media Center paints a largely static picture of gender diversity in American newsrooms.
- Capital One Isn’t The Only Bank With A ‘Personal Visit’ Clause
February 18 2014 1:46 PM
The clause that allows Capital One to contact customers “in any manner we choose” has been in use for years, and not just by Capital One.
- Will A ‘Kill Switch’ Deter Smartphone Theft?
February 17 2014 5:38 PM
Four U.S. senators have introduced a bill that would require carriers to include “kill switches” in smartphones, but wireless-industry critics say technological mandates won’t work.
- A Match Made In Customer Service Hell?
February 17 2014 3:11 PM
The planned Comcast / Time Warner Cable merger will combine two of the lowest-ranked companies in terms of customer service.
- Capital One Takes On Chase Bank In Deceptive Ad Dispute
February 14 2014 6:11 PM
Capital One is arguing that ads for Chase Bank’s Freedom Credit Card “misrepresented” certain claims.
- Is Lap Dancing Art? New York Judge Says No Way
February 14 2014 3:59 PM
A New York judge ruled that Manhattan’s Hustler Club does not qualify for a tax exemption on admission fees.