- Why I Broke Up With Amazon: A Book Publisher Confesses
May 22 2013 5:56 PM
Barefoot Books, an independent children’s book publisher based in Cambridge, Mass., announced Monday that it is severing ties with the online retail behemoth Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq:AMZN) in North America and the U.K.
- Today's Gossip Roundup: Jesse James Cuts Off Finger, 'DWTS' Winner And More
May 22 2013 9:22 AM
"Dancing with the Stars" named its season 16 winner, Kristen Stewart hangs with Taylor Swift, Melissa McCarthy fires an extra and more! Find out the hottest headlines and latest gossip on your favorite celebrities.
- Rolling Stoned: Gus Wenner Ridiculed For Nepotism, But Is It Deserved?
May 21 2013 5:02 PM
Gus Wenner, the 22-year-old son of Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner, will take over operations for the magazine’s website.
- Aspartame In Milk? Last Chance To Stop Big Dairy’s Sneaky Petition
May 21 2013 8:06 AM
The dairy industry is petitioning the FDA to allow it to add aspartame to milk without saying so on the label. Public commenting ends Tuesday night.
- What Would Jesus Read? Atheists Fight Bibles With Hitchens In Georgia Book Battle
May 21 2013 7:39 AM
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal said it was okay for state parks to display Gideon Bibles, so American Atheists fought back with secular texts by Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins and others.
- Fox News, Targeted By Obama’s DOJ, Finds Allies In Liberal Media
May 20 2013 1:04 PM
The Department of Justice investigated Fox News’ chief Washington correspondent, James Rosen, according to the Washington Post.
- Media Layoffs: AOL’s Patch, Village Voice Hit Hard
May 17 2013 5:52 PM
Michael Musto, Michael Feingold and Robert Sietsema are the latest staffers to depart the embattled Village Voice in New York.
- Arne Svenson’s Voyeuristic Photos: Are They Legal?
May 17 2013 2:10 PM
For his new photography exhibit, Arne Svenson secretly took photos of his neighbors. Some of them reportedly want to sue, but do they have a case?
- Punk Bands: Would You Pay $45 To Be In A Mag You’ve Never Heard Of?
May 16 2013 5:27 PM
Warped Magazine, a music publication soliciting punk bands on Craigslist, charges a $45 “editing fee,” musicians on Facebook and Reddit say.
- Zach Braff Kick-Starts Crowd-Funding Conversation
May 16 2013 2:12 PM
Zach Braff took to his Kickstarter page on Wednesday to explain that a gap-funding deal with Worldview Entertainment doesn't violate his promise to backers of “Wish I Was Here.”
- Sorry, Broadcasters: You Can’t Sue Aereo Into Oblivion
May 15 2013 6:52 PM
Following an expansion to Boston, the online-TV service Aereo announced plans to expand to Atlanta. The move comes in spite of a so-far unsuccessful lawsuit from major broadcasters.
- Liberal Media’s Burden: A Lone Lefty Group Justifies Seizure Of AP Phone Records
May 15 2013 2:45 PM
Media Matters is coming under fire for a talking-points bulletin that seemed to defend the Justice Department's seizure of AP phone records.
- Benghazi Blunder: CNN Says ABC News Published Doctored Email
May 14 2013 4:03 PM
ABC News is facing criticism Tuesday following a Benghazi-related exclusive that, according to CNN, contains a doctored email.
- Critics: Obama Cares Less About Privacy Than Nixon Did
May 14 2013 1:27 PM
In the wake of scandals involving the IRS and the Associated Press, critics are drawing comparisons between President Obama and Richard Nixon.
- Legacy Media Still Rules The News? New Data Says Yes, But Opinions Differ
May 14 2013 7:27 AM
New research from McKinsey & Company suggests that TV and print media still account for the vast majority of our news-consumption time.
- ‘The View’ From Here: Can Anyone Replace Barbara Walters?
May 13 2013 2:08 PM
Pioneering journalist Barbara Walters announced her retirement on Sunday, calling into question the future viability of ABC's "The View."
- Seth Meyers Replacing Jimmy Fallon: 'Weekend Update' Host Announced Move To 'Late Night'
May 13 2013 10:14 AM
NBC announced Sunday that Seth Meyers is slated to replace Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night," a month after Fallon was named to replace Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show."
- Star Wars: Episode VII To Be Made In England
May 11 2013 3:49 PM
According to a report that surfaced today, the next installment in the Star Wars sci-fi franchise will be shot in the U.K.
- Black Ink Friday: New York Print Media Plagued By Layoffs
May 10 2013 6:40 PM
The Daily News, New York Post and Village Voice all experienced bad news this week, including buyouts, layoffs and an editorial exodus.
- FBI Can Read Your Facebook Messages Without A Warrant
May 10 2013 2:08 PM
Documents obtained by the ACLU suggest that the FBI doesn't always obtain warrants when it searches emails and Facebook messages.