- Is Thailand Safe? Tourist’s NYE Death Reignites Concerns
January 02 2013 3:12 PM
The death of a British tourist at a New Year’s celebration in Koh Phangan raised fresh concerns over violence against foreigners in Thailand.
- New Years Eve By The Numbers
December 31 2012 5:44 PM
From how many celebrants will be in New York City's Times Square to how many glasses of champagne will be consumed, here's a look at New Year's Eve by the numbers.
- Does The Debt Crisis Mean Europe Is Cheaper For Americans?
December 20 2012 6:50 PM
A survey out Thursday from Travel Leaders Group suggests that Americans will flock to Europe next year, but will they find the debt-burdened euro zone any cheaper than before?
- Holiday Gift From TSA: New US Airport Security Policies
December 18 2012 11:58 AM
The TSA began several new risk-based security policies at airports across the U.S. in time for the holiday rush.
- 1 In 4 Americans Will Take A Holiday Road Trip
December 13 2012 1:50 PM
Here’s some good news for the travel industry, bad news for you: It’s going to be the busiest holiday season in six years.
- FCC Thinks Airplane Electronics Rules Are Absurd
December 10 2012 12:46 PM
Why do airlines make you turn off your electronics before takeoff and landing? Good question, says the FCC.
- Best Cruise Ships Of 2012
December 05 2012 1:29 PM
Cruising review site Cruise Critic has just released its list of the best cruise ships of 2012.
- The Best City To Live In Is
December 04 2012 12:28 PM
If you’re familiar with Mercer’s annual Quality of Living surveys, the 2012 winner should come as no surprise.
- FTC Admonishes Hotels For Hidden ‘Resort Fees’
November 29 2012 6:03 PM
The FTC issued a warning to 22 hotel operators Wednesday, claiming they may be breaking the law by misrepresenting hotel reservation prices with hidden "resort fees."
- What’s ‘Too Fat To Fly’?
November 27 2012 3:10 PM
Who is considered “too fat to fly"? Here’s a look at the varying airline policies for “customers of size” in the wake of the death of 425-pound Vilma Soltesz.
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday Travel Deals: The 2012 Guidebook
November 21 2012 1:48 PM
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best days of the year for travel deals. Here’s a look at some of the best sales of 2012.
- Holiday Gift Ideas For Travelers
November 21 2012 9:55 AM
The wreaths are out, the lights are up and the 2012 holiday season is upon us. Here are some gift ideas for any traveler on your list.
- Thanksgiving Travel Busiest Since Recession
November 13 2012 1:25 PM
AAA projects that more people will travel for Thanksgiving in 2012 than any year since the recession hit in 2008.
- Spirit Airlines’ $100 Carry-On Fee Explained
November 06 2012 2:52 PM
If you show up at the boarding gate for a Spirit Airlines flight with a carry-on bag, you can now expect to pay $100 to put it in the overhead bin.
- What To Expect On United's New Dreamliner
November 05 2012 12:33 PM
On Sunday, United Airlines became the first North American carrier to fly the Boeing 787 Dreamliner on a commercial route.
- Flights Canceled By Sandy? Read This
October 29 2012 4:56 PM
With more than 10,000 canceled flights thanks to Hurricane Sandy, here's what you need to know to rebook your trip.
- Hurricane Sandy’s Northerly Path Cancels Flights, Scatters Cruises
October 24 2012 4:23 PM
Hurricane Sandy, the 19th named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, has caused canceled flights and scattered cruise ships on its path north toward Jamaica and Cuba.
- Travel Tip: Don’t Surprise Women!
October 23 2012 2:09 PM
British Airways has some advice for all hopelessly romantic men out there: Don’t spring a surprise getaway on your partner; it will backfire.
- These Destinations Are Surprisingly Cheap
October 12 2012 2:35 PM
Craving a luxurious escape at bargain-basement prices? Check out these surprisingly cheap destinations.
- Airlines To Passengers: Book Directly With Us Or We Will Punish You
September 13 2012 4:33 PM
Frontier Airlines changed its website to FlyFrontier.com on Wednesday, a simple enough move if it weren’t for the message the company issued in the process, which went something like this: Forget the traditional online travel booking sites -- book with us or we will punish you.