- Airbnb Would Like To Check Your ID
May 01 2013 5:07 AM
Airbnb's new "Verify ID" function will make sure you're real both online and off to enhance user trust.
- Nationalities Most Likely To Steal From Hotels
April 23 2013 12:11 AM
Answer this honestly: How honest a traveler are you? That’s exactly what Hotels.com wanted to find out.
- Buried In US 2014 Budget: Border-Crossing Fees
April 22 2013 6:03 AM
If U.S. Homeland Security has its way, Congress may soon authorize the study of a fee for all land crossings.
- How To Plan Around A Busy 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season
April 11 2013 5:55 AM
The initial forecast for the 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season predicts a whopping 18 tropical cyclones. Here's how you can avoid them.
- The Best (And Worst) US Airlines By Category
April 09 2013 5:40 AM
Is United Airlines the worst airline in America?
- The Busiest Airports In The US For International Traffic
April 05 2013 5:12 AM
Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson may be the busiest airport in the world, but it doesn't crack the top five in the U.S. for international traffic.
- 911 Dispatcher Sends Her Mom, Not Police, To Emergency Call
April 03 2013 8:24 AM
A Washington 911 dispatcher sent her mother to an emergency believing she could respond faster than authorities.
- How You Can Apply For The ‘Best Job In The World’
March 12 2013 4:57 PM
Want to get paid A$100,000 to spend six months sipping wine and petting kangaroos in Australia? Apply for the "Best Job in the World."
- Winter Storm Travel Forecast For Planes, Trains And Automobiles
February 08 2013 11:46 AM
Winter Storm Nemo has yet to unleash a torrent of snow on NYC, Boston and the Northeast, but travel in the region is already a nightmare.
- Is Acapulco Safe? Rape Of 6 Tourists Raises Fresh Concerns
February 05 2013 12:03 PM
Mexican officials say six Spanish tourists were raped on Monday by masked gunmen in Acapulco, raising fresh concerns for tourists.
- How Vacationing LA Times Subscribers Were Targeted By Burglars
January 31 2013 2:50 PM
Several LA Times subscribers had their homes burglarized over a period of three years after a contract employee acquired its lists of vacation delivery holds.
- Most Expensive Ski Resorts In The US
January 29 2013 4:15 PM
Anyone on a budget may want to avoid these 10 ski resorts, which are the most expensive in the United States.
- Lost In Rio? Just Scan The Barcode On The Sidewalk
January 28 2013 12:43 PM
Rio de Janeiro is known for its sidewalk mosaics, but last week the city took things one step further by embedding QR codes into the stone.
- When Is The Best Time To Book A Flight To Get The Lowest Fare?
January 21 2013 11:14 AM
The answer to this question has eluded even the most seasoned of travelers for years: When is the best time to book a flight and get the lowest airfare?
- Have You Ever Tried Brazilian Wine?
January 09 2013 4:28 PM
Ever swirled a glass of Brazilian wine? You may want to try some from Vale dos Vinhedos, one of Wine Enthusiast's top 10 wine travel destinations for 2013.
- Zorbing’s Inventors Call For Global Standards After Horrifying Death
January 09 2013 2:32 PM
The video of two men "zorbing" over a precipice, ending in the death of one, in Russia has forced the sport’s New Zealand inventors to call for a global safety standard.
- Is Thailand Safe? Tourist’s NYE Death Reignites Concerns
January 02 2013 3:12 PM
The death of a British tourist at a New Year’s celebration in Koh Phangan raised fresh concerns over violence against foreigners in Thailand.
- New Years Eve By The Numbers
December 31 2012 5:44 PM
From how many celebrants will be in New York City's Times Square to how many glasses of champagne will be consumed, here's a look at New Year's Eve by the numbers.
- Does The Debt Crisis Mean Europe Is Cheaper For Americans?
December 20 2012 6:50 PM
A survey out Thursday from Travel Leaders Group suggests that Americans will flock to Europe next year, but will they find the debt-burdened euro zone any cheaper than before?
- Holiday Gift From TSA: New US Airport Security Policies
December 18 2012 11:58 AM
The TSA began several new risk-based security policies at airports across the U.S. in time for the holiday rush.