It's not Shamcey Supsup of the Philippines, as one online poll suggested, who emerged the winner of the Miss Universe contest. The crown has been awarded to a contestant who didn't even appear in the list of top 10 voted contestants - Miss Angola, Leila Lopes.
In an extravaganza at the Credicard Hall in Sao Paolo, Brazil, Supsup, who led the online fan voting site of the Telemundo, the second-largest Spanish language television network in the U.S., ended up being the third runner up.
Miss Ukraine, Olesia Stefanko, became the first runner-up, while Miss Brazil, Priscila Machado became the second runner up. Both Stefanko and Machado were not found in the top 10 voted contestants.
Miss Sweden, Ronnia Fornstedt, got the Miss Photogenic Universe Award and Miss Montenegro, Nikolina Loncar, got the Miss Congeniality Universe Award.
What will Leila Lopes get as the winner? Here is the list:
- A year's supply of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems.
- A custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by Diamond Nexus.
- A shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry.
- An evening wear wardrobe by Sherri Hill.
- A year's supply of nail care products from OPI Products, Inc.
- Sun care products from Australian Gold.
- A one-year scholarship (including housing) from the New York Film Academy.
- Luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- A year-long salary as Miss Universe.
- Personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness and hair services from John Barrett Salon
- Modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha.
- Dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher.
- Professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot and dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart.
- Casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization
- Extensive travel opportunities representing sponsors and charitable partners; access to various New York City events including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties.
- Yearlong consultation with a fashion stylist and access to a personal appearance wardrobe.