The fun-loving Dunphy, Pritchett, Tucker, Delgado clan is back! ABC will premiere the seventh season of the award-winning comedy series Wednesday, but before you catch up with the comedic gang, there’s a few things you should know. Whether you’re looking for a few Season 7 spoilers or simply want to know what’s in store this season on “Modern Family,” we’ve got you covered!
1. Will they or won't they? Haley and Andy shippers, get ready! After their dramatic good-bye hug in the Season 6 finale, a teaser for new season reveals Haley (Sarah Hyland) and Andy (Adam DeVine) might finally get their chance at love. In a sneak-peek video, titled "It's Urgent," Phil (Ty Burrell) tells his eldest daughter that Andy is en route to purpose to his girlfriend but that he believes Andy has true feelings for her, not Beth. “Dad, what makes you think he’s in love with me?” Haley asks.
“I can tell by the way he hugged you good-bye,” he says. “I think I know the look of love in another man’s eyes.”
Haley questions whether she should call him, but decides to go find him instead. Will she confess her love to Andy or she will be too late?
Watch the sneak-peek video below:
2. Moving out. Alex Dunphy (Ariel Winter) will be headed to college in episode 2 of Season 7, but don’t expect her to allow her family to make a big deal out of it. TV Guide's synopsis for “The Day Alex Left for College” reveals that the straight-A student will “give her parents false information about her move-in day.” In this case, art imitates life as Winter is also preparing to receive her higher education. But don’t fret “Modern Family” fans, Winter will continue to play her role of Alex while earning her degree.
3. New Joe. Say good-bye to the old Joe Pritchett. In an effort to keep the ABC comedy’s storylines going, the network decided to hire a replacement actor for Gloria Delgado-Pritchett (Sofia Vergara) and Jay Pritchett’s (Ed O'Neill) youngest son. For those worried about the casting shakeup, have no fear. Vergara recently praised the toddler, named Jeremy Maguire, during an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
"He can talk and walk, run. He's super intelligent," she said. "I'm obsessed with him."
4. Phil’s tough time. The Dunphy patriarch will have a tough time adjusting to life this season. With Haley busy, Alex away at college, Claire (Julie Bowen) wrapped up in her “professional life” and Luke’s (Nolan Gould) “criminal streak” he takes the change “kind of hard.”
“Phil goes through a - it’s not a crisis - but he’s definitely feeling the effects of having his family pull away from him a little bit," show co-creator Christopher Lloyd told Yahoo. "He takes some ducks under his wing for about 10 episodes. One of the way Phil copes."
5. No new babies. Cam (Eric Stonestreet) and Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) have been talking about expanding their family of three for seasons now, but according to Lloyd, a new child for the Tucker-Pritchett couple is not on the horizon in Season 7.
“They’re definitely still thinking about it,” Lloyd said. “There are lots of pros and cons, and they don’t want to rush into that decision. They’re kind of in a little bit of a [setback] financially, which makes that maybe not the best path for them to get on right now.
Watch “Modern Family” Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC.