LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne spectacularly flunked the Wonderlic test that measures NFL prospects' intelligence, scoring a 4 out of a possible 50.
The Wonderlic, as it is known, measures a player's cognitive ability, reasoning, math skills and vocabulary. Pro Football Talk first reported Claiborne, one of the highly touted prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft, scored a 4 out of 50 on the test.
Bus Cook, the agent representing the former LSU cornerback, said the results should not deter teams from looking at Claiborne.
I haven't talked to anybody about it. All I know is that (Claiborne) was from a complicated defensive system and he flourished in it. I've never seen any sort of deficiency in him, Cook said to ESPN's Adam Schefter. I'm sitting here in shock at what you're telling me. And if it is true, how does that get out? I thought the commissioner was going to put safeguards on this information and there would be severe discipline if it ever did get out. I don't know if he scored a 4 or a 40. All I know is he's a great kid, he's smart, and I've been thoroughly impressed with everything about him.
While there was a lot of teasing directed towards Claiborne, let's see how you fare. Keep in mind,NFL prospects get 12 minutes to answer 50 Wonderlic questions. Here are 12 sample questions, which are copyright and courtesy of Wonderlic, Inc.:
1. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
1) true 2) false 3) not certain
The boy plays baseball. All baseball players wear hats. The boy wears a hat.
2. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will 4 pads cost?
3. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
Nieman, K.M. Neiman, K.M.
Thomas, G.K. Thomas, C.K.
Hoff, J.P. Hoff, J.P.
Pino, L.R. Pina, L.R.
Warner, T.S. Wanner, T.S.
4. PRESERVE RESERVE
Do these words have similar meanings, have contradictory meanings, or mean neither the same nor opposite?
5. A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?
6. When rope is selling at 10 cents a foot, how many feet can you buy for 60 cents?
7. The ninth month of the year is:
1)October 2) January 3) June 4) September 5) May
8. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?
7 .8 31 .33 2
9. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?
10. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, and Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?
11. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
1) true 2) false 3) not certain
Tom greeted Beth. Beth greeted Dawn. Tom did not greet Dawn.
12. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be the age of his sister?
Find out how you did here.
Howard Koplowitz reports on crime and breaking news events for International Business Times. Howard formerly worked on IBT's continuous news desk, where he covered trending...