ABC’s “Nashville” is taking the drama from screen to stage again. Much like last year, stars of the show will perform songs from the soundtrack across the country, but one more act has been added this year. Viral sensations Lennon & Maisy will be on this tour, according to a press release.
Lennon Stella, 15, plays Rayna (Connie Britton) and Deacon’s (Charles Esten) daughter Maddie, while Maisy Stella, 11, plays Rayna and Teddy’s (Eric Close) daughter Daphne. The real-life sisters are more recognizable to some fans from their viral videos on YouTube. They first gained notoriety with their cover of Robyn’s “Call Your Girlfriend,” which has been watched more than 25 million times. Their view count jumped once again when they released a performance of Charli XCX’s “Boom Clap” in February.
This tour marks another big occasion in an already eventful year for the sisters. Aside from starring in “Nashville” and releasing “Boom Clap,” the girls also wrote a children’s book, “In The Waves.” The book will be released by Harper Collins on April 28, along with a single of the same title.
The “Nashville” concert series will be the first time that the girls have toured, but they’re quite familiar with performing in front of large crowds. They’ve performed at the Grand Ole Opry by themselves and joined acts like Jason Mraz, Zac Brown Band and Ingrid Michaelson on stage.
That's quite a departure from their "Nashville" characters, whose mother won't let them sign a record deal. Their fictional characters have had a pretty rough time, despite growing up with famous parents. Maddie has been rooting for her parents to get back together, but both of the girls are about to have their world changed when they find out that Deacon has cancer.
While this is the girls’ first tour with “Nashville,” many of the other singers are veterans, including Lennon's TV father. Esten, Chris Carmack (Will), Clare Bowen (Scarlett) and Sam Palladio (Gunnar) will return to tour. Aubrey Peeples (Layla) will also be a newcomer. The announcement conveniently comes two days before the “Nashville: On the Record” concert special airs on ABC.
Connie Britton won't be joining the cast on tour. She'll likely be busy in Ryan Murphy's "American Crime Story: The People vs. O.J. Simpson," where she'll play socialite Faye Resnick.
Check out dates for the tour below to find out when tickets go on sale:
- April 29: New York, NY, at the Beacon Theater (on sale March 27 at 10 a.m. EDT via Ticketmaster)
- May 2: Boston, MA, at the Wang Theater (on sale March 27 at 10 a.m. EDT via AXS)
- May 3: Washington, DC, at the DAR Constitution Hall (on sale March 27 at 10 a.m. EDT via Ticketmaster)
- May 5: Chicago, IL, at the Rosemont Auditorium (on sale March 27 at 11 a.m. CDT via Ticketmaster)
- May 6: Minneapolis, MN, at the Northrup Auditorium (on sale March 27 at 12 p.m. CDT via University of Minnesota)
- May 8: San Francisco, CA, at the Warfield Theater (on sale March 27 at 10 a.m. PDT via AXS)
- May 9: Los Angeles, CA, at the Nokia Theater L.A. LIVE, (on sale March 27 at 10 a.m. PDT via AXS)
- May 10: Phoenix, AZ, at the Comerica Theater (on sale March 27 at 12 p.m. CDT via Live Nation)
“Nashville” returns to ABC with the “Nashville: On the Record” concert special on March 25 at 10 p.m. EDT. Will you go to the live concerts or do you prefer watching from the comfort of your couch? Sound off in the comments section below!