Just when you thought the wild west couldn't get anymore wilder, just wait until you see Adam Sandler's take on it. Despite being surrounded with controversy during filming, "The Ridiculous 6" is still scheduled to be released in December on Netflix. The first trailer for the film premiered Tuesday.
In April, a dozen Native American actors and their cultural advisor walked off the film's set after the actors reportedly believed the portrayal of Native Americans in the comedy was offensive. Indian Country reports some of the Native American women's names in the film included No Bra and Beaver's Breath, misrepresenting Apache culture.
"The Ridiculous 6" packs a star-studded cast, including Sandler, Steve Buscemi, David Spade, Terry Crews, Taylor Lautner, Danny Trejo, Will Forte, Rob Schneider and Luke Wilson. The film tells the story of six outlaw brothers who are traveling across the country to find their father.
Here are six of the top ridiculous moments from "The Ridiculous 6" trailer:
1. Adam Sandler's Spider-Man Moves: Sandler will play an outlaw named Tommy, a.k.a. White Knife, in the movie. In the beginning of the trailer, the first look at White Knife shows he has some spider-like skills. After robbing a bank, White Knife jumps out of a window and hops from building to building using two knives to dig himself in before landing safely on the ground.
2. The Ridiculous Six Are All Related: It's revealed in the trailer that all six diverse outlaws have the same father and they will travel across the Old West to try and find him. Their father is Frank Stockburn, who will be played by Nick Nolte.
3. Lil' Pete: Lautner look to be the funniest of the six brothers as he's the dim-witted Lil' Pete. Lil' Pete is shown constantly looking confused and has a big gap in his teeth. At one point he attempts to imitate his brother White Knife by trying to climb down the side of a building. However, he forgets to use knives and falls to the ground.
4. Vanilla Ice Cameo: Just when you think the trailer has come to a close, the "Ice, Ice Baby" rapper is shown wearing wild west clothes and looking a lot like Kentucky Fried Chicken's Colonel Sanders. Vanilla Ice will be playing famous author Mark Twain in the film. "People gonna lose their s---!" he yells as he stand next to David Spade, who is playing General Custer.
5. Blake Shelton as Wyatt Earp: "A man can't ride five miles in this territory without running into outlaws," Earp says in the trailer as he talks to General Custer and Mark Twain. Blake Shelton is decked out in full Sheriff gear with a silver star on the outside of his jacket, a big top hat and, of course, the signature ridiculously long mustache that Earp had. The country singer may make fun of fellow "The Voice" coach Adam Levine for being bald, but Levine may have some new ammo for insults after this movie.
6. Jorge Garcia as Herm: The former "Lost" star is hardly recognizable in the first trailer. Garcia stars as Herm in the film, who dresses in animal skins, wears a big furry hat and has a very long brown mustache and beard. Herm looks like he belongs somewhere in arctic instead of in the hot deserts of the wild west.
You can watch the full "The Ridiculous 6" trailer below:
"The Ridiculous 6" is available for streaming on Netflix on Dec. 11. The film is the first of four movies Sandler will make to be exclusively released on the streaming service.