1. Lexus ES SedanThe all-new Lexus ES Sedan will make its world debut at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, the company announced. The teaser photo still leaves a lot to the imagination, but first impressions are that the car will carry on the Lexus design sensibility of sleek and refined lines. “The sixth-generation ES model introduces a progressive new design featuring the Lexus signature spindle grille,” the company said.
2. Chevrolet ImpalaThe new Chevy Impala will come bounding into view for the first time at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, General Motors announced.
2. Chevrolet ImpalaThe new Impala will be a full-size sedan, and it looks to have a lush interior and potentially some enhanced angularity in its design. The 2014 Impala will mark the 10th generation of Impala vehicles.
4. Terrafugia’s Transition ‘Flying Car’Terrafugia’s Transition "Flying Car" will park itself for the first time ever at an auto display event at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, the company announced.
4. Terrafugia’s Transition ‘Flying Car’The Transition is a street-legal, folding-wing vehicle -- sometimes a car, sometimes a plane -- but it’s a little long in driving mode at almost 19 feet. Its lightness, though, compensates for its length: The package weighs just 970 pounds when it's empty.
5. Toyota’s 'Stunning U.S.-Designed Sedan'Very little is known about the sporty and futuristic new sedan that Toyota will be presenting at the 2012 New York International Auto Show. If the front half follows the lead of the back half, however, it should look amazing. It would not be surprising if the glitzy new Toyota sedan steals the show from its luxury cousin, the new Lexus ES Sedan. This could be the big debut to watch at the show -- Toyota’s design department will be leading a live chat on its Facebook page on April 5 at 2 p.m. EDT.
The New York International Auto Show 2012 is the hot tamale of spring motor shows in the United States, and the spicy filling will be this year's debuts.
While some cars will have you thirsty for more, and others will feel like they need a little salsa, we picked out five that are bound to bring a buzz.