News of the World, the 168 year old British tabloid will end it’s run on Sunday, the company said Thursday.

“The good things the News of the World does, however, have been sullied by behaviour that was wrong. Indeed, if recent allegations are true, it was inhuman and has no place in our Company,” James Murdoch, Chairman of News International, a company of News Corporation which runs the paper said in an email to staffers.

“Wrongdoers turned a good newsroom bad and this was not fully understood or adequately pursued,” Murdoch said referring to a notorious scandal that rocked the paper back in 2006.

This decision comes on the heels of reports Murdoch's paper intercepted and used text messages from Dowler's phone while the police -- and the nation of England -- anxiously searched for the abducted girl.

Since then, a number of other supposed charges have surfaced. Apparently, News of the World was paying police for information on hot crime stories. They also hacked and tapped the phones of the victims of the tragic 7/7 bombings, which killed 52 people in London in 2005.

New reports are saying that News of the World also hacked the phone of the relatives of British servicemen who died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This isn’t the first time the paper has been caught up in a hacking scandal, in 2006, Scotland Yard arrested and subsequently charged the paper’s former royal editor Clive Goodman and two of his associates for hacking the phones of members of the royal household by obtaining access to their cell phone voicemail messages which is a violation of the Regulation of Investigator Powers Act of 2000.

The inquiry into phone hacking began when Goodman wrote an article claiming that Prince William was about to borrow an editing unit from ITV royal correspondent Tom Bradby. Both tried to figure out how the paper would be able to obtain such private information as only two other people were aware of the arrangement.

Goodman was jailed for four months after he pleaded guilty to the interception charges.

News Corporation has been rocked in the last week by claims that its best-selling Sunday tabloid hacked in to the phones of relatives of British soldiers killed in action, of missing children and those caught up in the July 2005 London bombings.