Things are getting pretty intense on Season 2 of “The Originals”: Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) are still wanted dead by their parents, Esther has soul-jumped into a new, more dangerous vessel, and now an army of baby werewolves are being formed by Lenore (Sonja Sohn) -- the new and improved Esther -- to take down the vampires in New Orleans.
A producers’ preview video of episode 4, “Live and Let Die,” which airs Monday, elaborated on what drama would be going down in the next episode of the hit CW series. And be prepared -- it’s pretty wicked.
1. Klaus and Cami: Fans of the two will be excited to learn that they will be spending some quality time together in episode 4 of “The Originals.” But don’t get it twisted -- they won’t waste their moments making goo-goo eyes at one another. Instead, Klaus will be hounding Cami (Leah Pipes) to help him track down Davina (Danielle Campbell). Davina has gone MIA with two of Klaus’ biggest threats: the white oak stake and Mikael (Sebastian Roché). Klaus will ask Cami for help (despite the distance he’s kept from her out of love) considering she’s the only one capable of finding out where Davina is. According to the synopsis, Cami will “inadvertently let Klaus in on Davina’s whereabouts,” which will then lead the two on a journey to hunt down the runaway witch.
2. Davina and Mikael: As Klaus sniffs out his father, Mikael will spend his time hiding in the woods with Davina and preparing for battle. “Confrontation is inevitable, child. Your fear will prove to be our greatest disadvantage,” he says. But Davina claims she isn’t afraid, which is when Mikael responds that she should be. “You are weak,” he insults her. But Davina dusts herself off and replies that despite what Mikael thinks, she’s still the one in charge.
3. Lenore & Co.: Esther is currently using the “fierce and imposing” vessel Lenore to finalize her plan of killing the abominations she calls her sons. But in order to do that, she’ll need a little help from her furry friends in order to take down the vampires lurking throughout NOLA.
“She needs to recruit some wolves to put the screws to the vampires,” said Michael Narducci, “The Originals” executive producer. “They’re going to do this recruitment drive, which involves taking werewolves who have no yet broken their curse and turning them into soldiers by having them murder humans, activate their werewolf curse, don the moonlight rings and now they’re part of her army.”
4. Teenage Angst: According to executive producer Julie Plec, Esther’s plan is problematic for numerous reasons -- one being that the wolf-warriors she seeks are all teenagers. Esther will be using the bright eyed pups to do her bloody bidding -- that is, if Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) doesn’t step in, with the help of Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), to stop her.
5. Aiden’s Debut: Viewers have been looking forward to the episode that Colin Woodell, whom fans know from his stint on “Devious Maids,” would be gracing New Orleans with his animalistic presence -- and “Live and Let Die” is that episode. Aiden is said to be a lieutenant of New Orleans’ leading werewolf pack. And according to reports, he’s not opposed to teaming up with spell-binding witches if they can help him take down blood-sucking creatures and keep his family safe. But will he be OK with Esther turning the innocent members of his pack into savage, limb-tearing beasts?
6. Supernatural Confrontation: Marcel and Aiden will butt heads in episode 4 when the werewolf pays the vamps a little visit. “We had a deal. Vampires stay out of the quarter, everybody’s cool,” Marcel said. But according to Aiden, that’s not good enough anymore. Could Aiden be asking the vampires for help? Considering the cloak-like hoodie Aiden is sporting in the promo video, we think it’s a reasonable theory.
What do you think will happen in episode 4 of “The Originals”? Sound off in the comments section below with your Season 2 predictions and tuneinto "Live and Let Die" Monday, Oct. 27, at 8 p.m. EDT.