The Oscars red carpet is certainly one of the main attractions of the night. Yes, Billy Crystal will lend hilarious quips in his role as host. Yes, acceptance speeches will be heart-warming. Yes, it will be exciting to see which films and which performers take home the biggest awards of the night. But the red carpet is where each and every star, winner or not, dazzles.
This year, actors and actresses from The Artist, Bridesmaids, Hugo, Moneyball, The Descendants, War Horse, The Iron Lady, My Week with Marilyn and The Help will take center stage. All eyes will be on Michelle Williams, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain and Berenice Bejo as they walk the red carpet before the big show.
Some of the most memorable moments are made on the Oscars red carpet. Remember when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie made their first appearance together as a couple in 2009? Pitt was nominated for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Jolie was nominated for The Changeling. Remember Halle Berry's bold fashion statement in a sheer Elie Saab gown in 2002? That dress launched Berry into the stratosphere (so did her win for Best Actress that year).
So don't miss a moment of the Oscars red carpet action. Here is a list of live coverage Sunday, beginning at 1 p.m. EST.
- On the Red Carpet 1-1:30 p.m. EST, ABC: On the Red Carpet, hosted by Rachel Smith and Chris Balish, will take you behind-the-scenes at the Kodak Theatre. It will also show a special report from KABC Entertainment reporter George Pennacchio from Chicago, where the Oscar statues are created.
- Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards 1:30-5:30 p.m. EST, E! News: E! News counts down to the red carpet with a special segment on Oscar nominees, celebrity lifestyles and Hollywood glamour live from the Roosevelt Hotel with hosts Giuliana Rancic and Ryan Seacrest.
- On the Red Carpet at the Oscars 4:30-6 p.m. EST, ABC: Rachel Smith and George Pennacchio will welcome this year's Oscar nominees to the Hollywood & Highland Center. Cameron Mathison will ask the stars your Facebook and Twitter questions and reporters Tina Malave and Lawrence Zarian use the power of Trendrr to track what topics are trending. Fashion expert Roshumba Williams will join Michelle Tuzee on the fashion skyway above the red carpet to keep watch on all the Oscars fashions.
- Oscars Red Carpet Live 7-8 p.m. EST, ABC: Veteran hosts and fashion experts Robin Roberts, Tim Gunn, Louise Roe, Jess Cagle and Nina Garcia will cover the 2012 Oscars red carpet. They will showcase the hottest stars, the most glamorous looks and insider backstage access.
- Live from the Red Carpet 5:30-8:30 EST, E! News: E! News will cover the Oscars red carpet live with Giuliana Rancic and Ryan Seacrest and the Fashion Police team.