You like me! You really like me! These words might have first been uttered by Sally Field, but they will surely be on the minds of all the red carpet favorites at this year's Oscars 2012.
Dressing for the Oscars is one of the most taxing moments in an actress' year, particularly for the newbies walking the red carpet for the first time. After months of hard work and dedication, it all culminates with the Oscars. A dress -- be it fabulous or awful -- can make or break a career. The actress is not alone in choosing her Oscars gown. Oh, no. In fact, there is an entire team of stylists, fashion experts, beauty gurus and more guiding her every step of the way.
Fashion houses realize how important this one night is as well. A designer is showcased in front of millions of eager viewers and, if his or her frock winds up on the back of the right actress, that designer might just become a household name. Think of Halle Berry in 2002 in that magical Elie Saab gown with sheer embroidered bodice and voluminous burgundy skirt. Berry won the award for Best Actress and the rest is history.
Stylists will typically choose between 40 and 80 gowns for each celebrity client to choose from for Oscars night. Many of these choices come from the latest fashion shows, i.e. Paris Haute Couture or New York Fashion Week. It will be exciting to see who will choose a gown from NYFW, or maybe even from London or Milan. The Oscars red carpet is a runway unlike any other.
Ultimately, the rewards are rich if an actress picks the perfect Oscar dress for the red carpet. A dress can make the celebrity, but the celebrity cannot make the dress, said fashion designer Allen B. Schwartz told Reuters.
An ugly dress will be ugly on anyone. A gorgeous dress will make that actress look that much more exciting.
You do not want to miss a single minute of the 2012 Oscars red carpet, which will cover celebrity arrivals and red carpet fashion of A-list starlets like Michelle Williams, Rooney Mara, Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Bérénice Bejo, Octavia Spencer and Melissa McCarthy.
Where to Live Stream the 2012 Oscars Red Carpet
- ABC's Oscar Backstage Pass: ABC will air the 2012 Oscars beginning at 8 p.m. EST. It will also feature complete red carpet, backstage coverage from 6:30 until 8. Hollywood's elite will mingle with ABC hosts, showing off their designer frocks and bubbling with excitement. Hosts Robin Roberts, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia and more will bring you all the best from the Oscars red carpet. Click here to watch the live streams.
- Oscars App for iPhone and iPad: The Oscars are going digital this year with an exclusive Oscars app for the iPhone and iPad. Here are the details: Once you download the app, you'll be a virtual member of The Academy with insider information on all the Oscar buzz, a first person view of the Red Carpet and exclusive backstage access to Hollywood's biggest night. Use the app In WATCH mode and sit back, grab the popcorn and enjoy our live hosted experience on the Red Carpet and Backstage. For those aspiring directors, switch to DIRECT mode and pick any of our six camera vantage points and zoom in to whatever action you want to see. With Oscars® you get more access, more glamour, more of everything you love! Click here to download the Oscar Backstage Pass app for iPhone and iPad.
- MTV Red Carpet Live Stream: MTV will stream the 2012 Oscars red carpet on Sunday beginning at 5 p.m. EST. MTV hosts Josh Horotwitz and Christina Garibaldi will be at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, following all the celebrity arrivals and dishing on the best and worst fashions of the night. Click here to watch the MTV live stream.
- On the Red Carpet Live Stream Cam: OnTheRedCarpet.com will live stream the 2012 Oscars red carpet. Click here to watch the live stream online. Alternatively, there is an On the Red Carpet app available for download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Get unlimited access to: breaking entertainment news notifications; live entertainment video; interactive photo galleries featuring the latest entertainment pics; on-demand video in both an embedded and full-screen experience; follow your favorite On The Red Carpet Facebook fan pages directly from your iPad or iPhone; ability to share stories and video with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers. Click here to download the app.
- PopSugar Oscars Red Carpet Live Stream: Follow PopSugar's live red carpet coverage here for all of the latest celebrity news straight from the source. PopSugar's Allison McNamara and Lindsay Miller will be covering the red carpet and reporting via their live online stream. Follow on Twitter @PopSugar and keep up with the conversation by using the #Oscars hashtag.
- E! News Live from the Red Carpet: E! News will be live from the red carpet with hosts Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic from 1:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. The E! Web site will feature some Oscars video clips. However, follow E! Red Carpet News (@redcarpet ) for live up-to-the-minute information on all your favorite celebrity arrivals. Make sure to use the hashtag #ERedCarpet if you want to join in on the conversation!
- Lucky Magazine, Fashionista.com Live-Blogging: Lucky magazine has teamed up with Fashionista.com to live-blog the 2012 Oscars red carpet. Who knows fashion better than the hottest shopping magazine and the online go-to source for fashion news? Those following the live-blog can contribute their commentary and questions. Lucky and Fashionista will help track down information on designers, find similar looks you can buy and more. Click here to follow the Oscars red carpet live blog.