Pie? Check. Math homework? Got it. Jokes that combine the two? Don't worry -- we've got you covered.
Pi Day, a celebration held annually on March 14 to honor the irrational number rounded as 3.14, is a great opportunity to show off your clever comedy skills. While you dig into desserts, make conversation by telling riddles about math. Whether you're a fan of numbers or just silly holidays, you'll be laughing in no time.
- The worst thing about getting hit in the face with pi is that it never ends.
- 3.14 percent of sailors are pi-rates.
Math joke for "Pi Day." Consider a pizza with radius z and thickness a. Then, its volume is "pizza" (or pi*z*z*a) pic.twitter.com/LmHgLd4V3n
— Cliff Pickover (@pickover) March 13, 2015
- What is the official animal of Pi Day? The pi-thon.
- The mathematician says, “Pi r squared.” The baker replies, “No, pies are round. Cakes are square."
- What do you get when you take a bovine and divide its circumference by its diameter? A cow pi.
— The Man (@iPhoneAppDeal) March 13, 2015
- In Alaska, where it gets very cold, pi is only 3.00. After all, everything shrinks in the cold -- they call it Eskimo pi.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter? Pi in the sky.
- Never talk to pi. He'll go on forever.
- What do you get when you cut a Jack O'Lantern by its diameter? Pumpkin pi.
- If you ask a scientist what pi is, he'll tell you it equals 3.14159. If you ask a mathematician, he'll tell you pi equals the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter. If you ask an engineer, he'll say "Pi? Well, it's about 3, but we'll call it 4 just to be safe." But if you ask a kid, he’ll ask if he can have ice cream with it.
— Mark (@MyTownTutorsMA) March 13, 2015