Prince Harry has made a personal donation to #FillTheSeats campaign that will help Brazilian children watch the Rio Paralympics. The campaign is working with the International Paralympic Committee and the Rio 2016 organizing committee to buy 10,000 tickets for local children.

While the amount donated by Prince Harry was not revealed, the campaign said it had raised $53,773 toward a target of $300,000 before the prince's contribution.

"It's a great idea to open up the events to the community while also helping to build a sense of excitement in the stadiums for these amazing competitors," a Kensington Palace spokeswoman reportedly said. "Prince Harry is following closely the Invictus Games champions who are competing in Rio and this is one way he is lending support to their efforts."

The move comes after Rio organizers said just 12 percent of available tickets had been sold for the games, which is set to begin Sept. 7.

#FillTheSeats was founded by Londoner Greg Nugent, a 42-year-old former marketing director for the London 2012 Games. 

"This campaign proves the Paralympic spirit is global and the idea of Brazilian youngsters and people with an impairment going to the Paralympic Games is inspiring," Xavier Gonzalez, CEO of the International Paralympic Committee, said in a news release. "We want them to be part of history and part of Latin America’s first Paralympic Games."