Lotus Renault GP have lined up three drivers to replace the injured Robert Kubica. Bruno Senna, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Nick Heidfeld are all in the frame to replace Kubica who is under intensive care at the Santa Corona Hospital, Italy after a rallying accident.
Renault team principal Eric Boullier said, We will look for Kubica's substitute. The names considered are Senna, Liuzzi and Heidfeld.
Boullier added, The team is close to Robert, we wait for him with open arms and we hope he can come back before the end of the season,
Senna, who is the reserve at Reanault, has the experience gained through racing for Hispania for much of last year, while Liuzzi and the experienced Heidfeld were main drivers at Force India and Sauber respectively last season, though weren't retained.
According to a report in BBC Sport, Nick Heidfeld has been in talks with Renault. However, Heidfeld's camp refused to comment.
Renault said they wouldn't announce the driver line-up for the four day pre-season test at Jerez on Thursday. However, they confirmed that Russian Vitaly Petrov would resume his driving duties.
On Kubica's condition, the doctors said it could take him up to a year to fully recover. Reanult released a statement on the general condition of the Pole and said he was showing signs of improvement overnight.
On Thursday, Robert should undergo some more surgery in order to stabilize the fractures to his right shoulder and right foot. Three or four days later, another operation will allow his elbow fracture to be stabilized as well.
According to the doctors, the levels of inflammation are in the norm considering his medical condition, and the recovery of his forearm remains encouraging. Yesterday (Monday), Robert was able to talk to his doctors and relatives. His medication makes him sleep quite a lot, but he is responding to all external stimulation.