Articles by Anila Alexander
- Alina Sarag, 15, Dies After Doctor Misdiagnoses Tuberculosis For ?Lovesickness,? Bulimia
May 15 2012 3:01 PM
Alina Sarag, a 15-year-old teenager from the UK died of tuberculosis after five doctors incorrectly diagnosed her with 'lovesickness' and bulimia, even though she had previously been treated for the disease.
- Australian Shooter Russell Mark Will Wear ?Mankini? To London 2012 Olympics After Losing Bet
May 15 2012 1:05 PM
Australian Olympic shooter Russell Mark will have to wear a lime-green 'mankini' -made famous by the 2006 'Borat' film - to the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony after losing a bet with his friends over Australian football.
- Taruni Sachdev, Bollywood Child Actress, Dies In Nepal Plane Crash; Amitabh, Abhiskek Bachchan Tweet Condolences
May 15 2012 11:05 AM
Bollywood child actress Taruni Sachdev was one among 15 tragically killed after an airplane carrying Indian and Danish tourists crashed into a hill near an airport in Nepal Monday. Bollywood actors including Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhiskek have offered their condolences to the family.
- Shahin Najafi, Iranian Rapper, Receives $100K Bounty, ?Fatwa,? For Song Criticizing Iran
May 14 2012 5:14 PM
Shahin Najafi, an Iranian rapper living in Germany, has a $100,000 bounty on his head after Islamist website Shia-Online.ir issued a 'fatwa' for a controversial song he released that criticizes the Islamist Republic.
- ?Modern Family? Star Sarah Hyland Undergoes Kidney Transplant, What Is ?Kidney Dysplasia??
May 14 2012 3:22 PM
'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland revealed in in the newest issue of Seventeen magazine that she suffers from kidney dysplasia and had recently underwent a kidney transplant.
- Caesar Acellam, LRA?s 4th Highest Ranking Member, Captured By Ugandan Forces; Joseph Kony Still At Large
May 14 2012 1:29 PM
Ugandan officials have captured Caesar Acellam, a top commander of Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army Saturday, dealing another blow to the increasingly weak militant group.
- Aimee Copeland Likely To Lose Fingers To Flesh-Eating Disease, Father Says Recovery Is A ?Miracle?
May 14 2012 10:09 AM
Aimee Copeland, a University of West Georgia student who contracted necrotizing fasciitis after she cut her leg in zip-line accident, will likely lose her fingers to the flesh-eating bacteria.
- H&M Apologizes For Using Extremely Tanned Model Isabli Fontana In Swimwear Ads
May 11 2012 1:38 PM
H&M has officially apologized after their new swimsuit ads featuring a too-tanned Isabeli Fontana angered cancer groups in Sweden.
- ?Teen Mom? Amber Portwood Arrested For Lying About Drug Tests, Could Spend Weeks In Jail
May 11 2012 12:49 PM
'Teen Mom' star Amber Portwood has been arrested after prosecutors claim she lied about having a medical condition to get out of weekly drug tests, TMZ reported.
- Sarah Tressler, Stripper Journalist Fired From Houston Chronicle, Suing Paper For Gender Discrimination
May 11 2012 11:49 AM
Former Houston Chronicle journalist Sarah Tressler, who was fired after her stripper past came to light, is suing her former employer and claiming her dismissal was due to gender discrimination.
- Aimee Copeland Recovering From Zip-Line Injury But May Lose Other Leg, Hands, To Flesh Eating Bacteria
May 11 2012 10:55 AM
University of West Georgia student Aimee Copeland, who is fighting the flesh eating disease necrotizing fasciitis after a zip line injury, is recovering slowly despite the amputation of her left leg. Her family remains optimistic, though doctors say they may have to amputate her other leg and both her hands.
- Johnny Depp Denies Split With Vanessa Paradis, Blames Media For Rumors ?There?s No Truth Anymore?
May 10 2012 5:21 PM
Johnny Depp denied splitting from his partner of 14 years, French actress, singer and model Vanessa Paradis.
- Sean Bean Arrested For Harassing Fourth Ex-Wife, Allegedly Made Abusive Calls, Texts
May 10 2012 4:13 PM
Former 'Game of Thrones' actor Sean Bean was arrested and questioned by police in in London for harassing his ex-wife Georgina Sutcliffe.
- Rachel Ehmke, 13-Year-Old Girl, Hangs Herself After Mean Girl Clique Calls Her ?Slut,? ?Prostitute?
May 10 2012 2:02 PM
Thirteen year old Minnesota teen Rachel Ehmke hanged herself after months of bullying by a group of girls who threatened her and called her names.
- ?Pregnant Man? Thomas Beatie Films Wife Nancy?s Violent Rampage, Pleads With Her To Stop, Watch The Video Here [VIDEO]
May 10 2012 11:45 AM
'Pregnant Man' Thomas Beatie and his wife of nine years, Nancy, announced their split last month amid rumors of domestic abuse. Now a video unearthed by TMZ may lay weight to the charges.
- Aimee Copeland Contracts Flesh Eating Bacteria After Zip Lining Accident, 8 Ways To Prevent ?Necrotizing Fasciitis?
May 09 2012 5:09 PM
University of Georgia student Aimee Copeland is in critical condition after contracting flesh-eating bacteria during a zip lining accident in Georgia.
- Delta Pulls ?Daily Show? Ads After ?Vagina Manger? Joke Angers Catholics, Says It Was 'Hate Speech'
May 09 2012 2:15 PM
Delta Air Lines has decided to pull ads from ?The Daily Show with John Stewart? after the comedian featured a segment with a ?vagina manger? joke that angered conservatives and Catholics alike.
- YMCA Singer Case: Village People Songwriter Wins Back Rights To Iconic Song, 32 Other Tracks
May 09 2012 11:53 AM
Victor Willis, the original lead singer in the six-man group the Village People, won a landmark copyright case Wednesday that will give him partial ownership of dozens of the disco band's songs.
- Rare Cross River Gorilla Caught On Film, Less Than 300 Worldwide [VIDEO]
May 09 2012 10:15 AM
A camera in a Cameroon forest was able to capture footage of an elusive tribe of Cross River gorillas, a critically endangered species in Africa, in their natural habitat.
- Madeleine McCann Photo Used In Vacation Ads Online, Family ?Horrified,? Police Investigate New Leads
May 08 2012 4:30 PM
An image of missing British girl Madeleine McCann was used to sell online vouchers for discounted vacations in Portugal, the country where she went missing more than five years ago.