- The map, which reveals the fine details of structures between stars in our galaxy for the first time, was created using the world’s largest radio telescopes.
- European Space Agency officials confirmed Thursday that the Trace Gas Orbiter had entered an elliptical orbit around the red planet — calling it a "huge success" for the mission.
- The move comes after a report said Yahoo had built surveillance tools to secretly scan email accounts of millions of its users to gather information at the behest of the government.
- According to a new study, over 300 species of wild mammals across the world are currently at risk from bushmeat hunting.
- A team of researchers has argued that consciousness may be the byproduct of the brain trying to move toward a state of higher entropy.
- The company announced Tuesday that it had created a technology that enabled speech recognition systems to hear language as accurately as humans.