- Government forces caused the vast majority of children's deaths, but rebel forces and international airstrikes are also to blame, the report found.
- Protesters reportedly appeared in front of the embassy in Moscow hours after Turkey shot down a Russian warplane.
- Sunday's vote will determine who takes the reins of a country staggering under the weight of double-digit inflation and critically low foreign reserves.
- An unprecedented anti-corruption movement felled Guatemala's last president. Whoever wins Sunday's election will have to face a public hungry for even more change.
- The disappearances of students riled Mexican anger over rampant violence and insecurity. But one year later, little has changed.
- Former Bank of Brazil executive Henrique Pizzolato fled to Italy three years ago after being implicated in one of the biggest corruption scandals in Brazil's recent history.