- An 'A' For Deception
August 18 2014 8:36 AM
Amid for-profit college shutdown at California's Corinthian Colleges, students question their choices — and their uncertain futures.
- Student Loan Debt And The Homeownership Dream
August 11 2014 4:51 PM
Is student loan debt keeping millennials from buying homes?
- Death Of James Brady A Homicide, Medical Examiner Rules
August 09 2014 12:55 AM
James Brady's death was ruled a homicide, 33 years after he was shot during an attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- Donald Sterling Tries To Stop Clippers Sale To Ballmer
August 08 2014 9:59 PM
Attorneys for Donald Sterling appealed a judge's decision to allow the Los Angeles Clippers to be sold to Steve Ballmer.
- Your FICO Credit Score Could Get Way Better
August 08 2014 7:09 PM
FICO has announced changes that could improve your credit score. Here's how.
- Credit Card Offers From Retailers Are No Bargain
August 07 2014 12:14 PM
Retail credit card offers may include rewards and discounts, but they also charge higher interest than the average credit card.
- Charity For Troops Also Funds Tea Party Consultants: ProPublica
August 06 2014 11:42 AM
A ProPublica investigation examines the ties between charity Move America Forward and the Tea Party.
- Income Inequality And ‘Education Gap’ Hurting Growth: S&P
August 05 2014 6:26 PM
Standard & Poor’s says income disparities are slowing U.S. economic growth -- and that fixing education could help.
- A Pain That Never Subsides
August 02 2014 8:34 AM
A plane crash 20 years ago turned two American women into advocates for families devastated by airline disasters, including MH17 and MH370.
- Students and Families Borrow Less for College: Sallie Mae
July 31 2014 1:45 PM
Families are spending more out-of-pocket on school, and report higher enrollment in community colleges, according to Sallie Mae survey.
- For-Profit Colleges Collect Most GI Bill Funds
July 30 2014 11:43 PM
A new Senate HELP Committee documents a sharp increase in Post-9/11 GI Bill funds flowing to for-profit colleges under investigation.
- One-Third Of Americans Have Delinquent Debt
July 29 2014 1:29 PM
Unpaid credit card bills, medical bills and utility bills all contribute to past-due debt, according to a new report from the Urban Institute.
- Dollar Stores To Give Wal-Mart A Run For Its Money?
July 28 2014 8:33 PM
With Dollar Tree-Family Dollar merger, consumers could see even bigger discounts.
- Senator, Advocates Warn Veterans About For-Profit College Recruiting
July 24 2014 7:43 AM
As Corinthian Colleges faces multiple government investigations, and has to sell off its schools, its recruiting practices draw further scrutiny.
- Facebook Has the Worst 401(k): Bloomberg
July 22 2014 11:30 AM
In a new Bloomberg ranking of public company 401(k) plans, Facebook comes in last.
- Millennials Banking On Cash Over Stocks
July 21 2014 1:14 PM
More young adults prefer to invest in cash for the long-term than any other age group, according to a new Bankrate.com survey.
- Millennials Still Moving in with Mom and Dad
July 17 2014 1:52 PM
New Pew Research Center study finds record number of multi-generational households, with young adults leading the charge to move home.
- Why Nearly 1 Million Community College Students Can't Get Federal Loans
July 15 2014 8:59 PM
Here's how community colleges can help students get loans -- and repay them.
- Regulators Target Debt Settlement Companies Over Student Loans
July 14 2014 1:12 PM
The Illinois attorney general sues two companies for proffering "bogus services" to student loan borrowers.
- Online Banking Accounts Earn More Interest
July 11 2014 8:42 AM
A new WalletHub survey shows online-only savings accounts make you the most money.