- Government 'YELP,' Courtesy of CFPB, Draws Business Outcry
September 23 2014 7:40 PM
Financial services industry reps register their complaints with regulators' consumer complaints proposal.
- Hundreds Of Infants Potentially Exposed To TB In Texas Hospital
September 20 2014 1:58 AM
Parents were notified by letter this week, and offered free screenings and treatment.
- Guilty Verdicts in Peanut Salmonella Food Poisoning Case
September 19 2014 9:13 PM
Former executive Stewart Parnell was convicted of conspiracy five years after a nationwide salmonella outbreak.
- UK Queen Elizabeth II Speaks Out On Scotland
September 19 2014 7:06 PM
Queen Elizabeth issues a rare statement following Scotland's No vote on independence.
- Auto Lenders Face Scrutiny Over Discriminatory Practices
September 18 2014 11:23 AM
Nonbanks that make auto loans face stricter supervision under a new rule proposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- 'Funding Hasn’t Caught Up With The Need'
September 18 2014 9:05 AM
Advocates say inadequate federal funding for child care in the U.S. most limits low-income children and parents.
- Corinthian Faces Predatory Lending Lawsuit by CFPB
September 16 2014 11:13 PM
Feds accuse the for-profit college company of using unfair debt-collection practices against students who've taken out loans.
- Biggest US Public Pension Fund Dropping $4B In Hedge Funds
September 16 2014 11:46 AM
The decision, which will take a year to implement, is the latest in a series of hits the hedge fund industry has absorbed.
- Protecting Apple Pay Purchases
September 12 2014 5:07 PM
Georgetown law professor Adam Levitin explains how the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau could regulate Apple's new pay platform.
- Signs Of Subprime Lending Strains In Appliances, Autos: NYT
September 12 2014 12:27 PM
Are subprime lenders starting to reach the limits of extending credit to higher-risk borrowers?
- Keep Medical Debt Off Credit Reports: Consumer Advocate
September 11 2014 1:36 PM
Regulators should curb medical debt collectors to better protect consumer credit scores, a new report urges.
- Student Loan Debt Weighing Down More Senior Citizens
September 10 2014 11:30 AM
More older Americans are carrying federal student loan debt -- and facing risks to their retirement.
- What's Bothering Your Country? Here Are The Top Economic Concerns Around The World [MAP]
September 09 2014 4:59 PM
In 18 of 25 emerging markets, citizens say rising prices are 'gravest' economic concern.
- Quitting Level for Workers Highest Since 2008
September 09 2014 2:34 PM
The number of workers quitting their jobs climbed in July, though still short of pre-recession norms.
- Unemployment For College Grads Up Slightly
September 05 2014 12:22 PM
New Labor Department jobs data illustrates the employment gap across educational levels.
- Are College Grads Destined For Jobs As Baristas and Clerks?
September 04 2014 4:58 PM
A new analysis examines unemployment and underemployment among recent college graduates.
- Refinancing Mistakes Cost Homeowners Thousands
September 03 2014 3:03 PM
The U.S. economy misses out on billions of dollars in consumer spending when homeowners don't refinance.
- 32 UN Peacekeepers Rescued In Golan Heights
August 30 2014 11:14 PM
Dozens of U.N. peacekeepers from the Philippines and Fiji remain trapped or detained by Islamist militants.
- Federica Mogherini Chosen As EU Chief Of Foreign Policy
August 30 2014 8:06 PM
Poland's Donald Tusk and Italy's Federica Mogherini chosen for top spots in the EU's European Council.
- IRS Phone Scam: 5 Signs You’re a Target
August 30 2014 5:21 PM
IRS impostors have already bilked scam victims out of millions. Here's how to protect yourself.