- Students and Families Borrow Less for College: Sallie Mae
July 31 2014 1:45 PM
Families are spending more out-of-pocket on school, and report higher enrollment in community colleges, according to Sallie Mae survey.
- For-Profit Colleges Collect Most GI Bill Funds
July 30 2014 11:43 PM
A new Senate HELP Committee documents a sharp increase in Post-9/11 GI Bill funds flowing to for-profit colleges under investigation.
- One-Third Of Americans Have Delinquent Debt
July 29 2014 1:29 PM
Unpaid credit card bills, medical bills and utility bills all contribute to past-due debt, according to a new report from the Urban Institute.
- Dollar Stores To Give Wal-Mart A Run For Its Money?
July 28 2014 8:33 PM
With Dollar Tree-Family Dollar merger, consumers could see even bigger discounts.
- Senator, Advocates Warn Veterans About For-Profit College Recruiting
July 24 2014 7:43 AM
As Corinthian Colleges faces multiple government investigations, and has to sell off its schools, its recruiting practices draw further scrutiny.
- Facebook Has the Worst 401(k): Bloomberg
July 22 2014 11:30 AM
In a new Bloomberg ranking of public company 401(k) plans, Facebook comes in last.
- Millennials Banking On Cash Over Stocks
July 21 2014 1:14 PM
More young adults prefer to invest in cash for the long-term than any other age group, according to a new Bankrate.com survey.
- Millennials Still Moving in with Mom and Dad
July 17 2014 1:52 PM
New Pew Research Center study finds record number of multi-generational households, with young adults leading the charge to move home.
- Why Nearly 1 Million Community College Students Can't Get Federal Loans
July 15 2014 8:59 PM
Here's how community colleges can help students get loans -- and repay them.
- Regulators Target Debt Settlement Companies Over Student Loans
July 14 2014 1:12 PM
The Illinois attorney general sues two companies for proffering "bogus services" to student loan borrowers.
- Online Banking Accounts Earn More Interest
July 11 2014 8:42 AM
A new WalletHub survey shows online-only savings accounts make you the most money.
- Germany Wants Foreign Drivers to Pay Up
July 08 2014 10:48 AM
The EU cautions Germany about potentially discriminatory road toll.
- Bank Cuts May Force Immigrants To Pay More To Send Money Home
July 07 2014 6:24 PM
Under greater pressure from regulators, U.S. banks offer immigrants fewer options to transfer remittances.
- Sluggish Spending Worries Economists
June 27 2014 11:44 AM
Five years into the economic recovery, consumer spending has yet to reach prerecession growth rates.
- UPS and FedEx Set to Raise Prices
June 18 2014 4:40 PM
UPS follows FedEx's lead to include size in shipping prices, but online retailers may shield their customers from new rates.
- Does Denmark Have Too Little Student Debt?
June 18 2014 1:21 PM
Danish corporations and politicians worry that debt-free students aren't pursuing jobs in growth sectors.
- What If Argentina Defaults Yet Again?
June 17 2014 9:28 PM
Argentinians face yet another debt crisis. What are the options -- and who would get hurt?
- Suze Orman's 'Approved' Card Gets Axed
June 17 2014 10:23 AM
Suze Orman's 'Approved' prepaid debit card is discontinued by Bancorp Bank.
- Hidden Cash Comes To New York City This Weekend
June 13 2014 5:25 PM
The mysterious donor behind @HiddenCash appears to be signaling that at least some of the free money will be in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Private Student Loan Debts Rising, Despite Dangers
June 13 2014 3:29 PM
Private student debt now accounts for over 10 percent of the nation's total student debt load. And the number is rising, despite the risks.