- Protecting Apple Pay Purchases
September 12 2014 5:07 PM
Georgetown law professor Adam Levitin explains how the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau could regulate Apple's new pay platform.
- Signs Of Subprime Lending Strains In Appliances, Autos: NYT
September 12 2014 12:27 PM
Are subprime lenders starting to reach the limits of extending credit to higher-risk borrowers?
- Keep Medical Debt Off Credit Reports: Consumer Advocate
September 11 2014 1:36 PM
Regulators should curb medical debt collectors to better protect consumer credit scores, a new report urges.
- Student Loan Debt Weighing Down More Senior Citizens
September 10 2014 11:30 AM
More older Americans are carrying federal student loan debt -- and facing risks to their retirement.
- What's Bothering Your Country? Here Are The Top Economic Concerns Around The World [MAP]
September 09 2014 4:59 PM
In 18 of 25 emerging markets, citizens say rising prices are 'gravest' economic concern.
- Quitting Level for Workers Highest Since 2008
September 09 2014 2:34 PM
The number of workers quitting their jobs climbed in July, though still short of pre-recession norms.
- Unemployment For College Grads Up Slightly
September 05 2014 12:22 PM
New Labor Department jobs data illustrates the employment gap across educational levels.
- Are College Grads Destined For Jobs As Baristas and Clerks?
September 04 2014 4:58 PM
A new analysis examines unemployment and underemployment among recent college graduates.
- Refinancing Mistakes Cost Homeowners Thousands
September 03 2014 3:03 PM
The U.S. economy misses out on billions of dollars in consumer spending when homeowners don't refinance.
- 32 UN Peacekeepers Rescued In Golan Heights
August 30 2014 11:14 PM
Dozens of U.N. peacekeepers from the Philippines and Fiji remain trapped or detained by Islamist militants.
- Federica Mogherini Chosen As EU Chief Of Foreign Policy
August 30 2014 8:06 PM
Poland's Donald Tusk and Italy's Federica Mogherini chosen for top spots in the EU's European Council.
- IRS Phone Scam: 5 Signs You’re a Target
August 30 2014 5:21 PM
IRS impostors have already bilked scam victims out of millions. Here's how to protect yourself.
- Six Major Cities With Highest Minimum Wage
August 28 2014 3:47 PM
Los Angeles could join a growing list of cities that have increased the minimum wage for their workers.
- By 2017, Los Angeles' Minimum Wage Could Be $13.25
August 28 2014 1:45 PM
Such a move would catapult Los Angeles into the growing movement of cities and states that are considering hourly-wage adjustments.
- Corinthian Colleges, Hurting For Cash, Sells Student Loans
August 26 2014 1:22 PM
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau warns Corinthian after sale of student loan portfolio.
- An 'A' For Deception
August 18 2014 8:36 AM
Amid for-profit college shutdown at California's Corinthian Colleges, students question their choices — and their uncertain futures.
- Student Loan Debt And The Homeownership Dream
August 11 2014 4:51 PM
Is student loan debt keeping millennials from buying homes?
- Death Of James Brady A Homicide, Medical Examiner Rules
August 09 2014 12:55 AM
James Brady's death was ruled a homicide, 33 years after he was shot during an attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- Donald Sterling Tries To Stop Clippers Sale To Ballmer
August 08 2014 9:59 PM
Attorneys for Donald Sterling appealed a judge's decision to allow the Los Angeles Clippers to be sold to Steve Ballmer.
- Your FICO Credit Score Could Get Way Better
August 08 2014 7:09 PM
FICO has announced changes that could improve your credit score. Here's how.