A disappointed Roger Federer announced Thursday that he will be missing the next ATP tournament in Montreal, saying he’d rather get some rest and prepare for the 2015 U.S. Open in New York from Aug. 31 to Sept. 13.

“I am disappointed that I won’t be playing in Montreal because it’s a tournament and a city that I really enjoy and has incredible fans. My family and I have always received first-class treatment from Tournament Director Eugène Lapierre and his team, and I hope to be back in the future,” the 33-year-old Federer told Tennis Canada.

The report also announced that Poland’s Jerzy Janowicz would be Federer’s replacement in the main draw of the Rogers Cup set from Aug. 7 to 16.

Federer has been successful at the Montreal tournament also known as the Canadian Cup or the Rogers Cup in the past, winning in 2004 and 2006 and also making the championship round in 2007, 2010 and 2014. Last year, he lost in the final against France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 5–7 6–7(3).

The former world No. 1 holds the record for most Grand Slam titles in tennis with 17 but has not won a majors tourney since Wimbledon in 2012. Federer’s last title was at the Shanghai Masters in 2014 beating Gilles Simon, 7-6 (6) 7-6 (2) in the final round.

Lapierre said he's disappointed that the Swiss will miss the tournament in Montreal but he understands Federer’s decision.