Syfy has done it again! On Wednesday, July 30, the NBC owned network aired the anticipated sequel, “Sharknado 2: The Second One,” -- and we’re not going to lie, it was pretty freaking crazy.
From the dozens of gory deaths to the jaw-dropping celebrity cameos, we couldn’t get enough of the sophomore installment. That’s why we’ve decided to recap the top 13 craziest, most ridiculous moments from the fishy-thriller starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
1. “Sharknado 2: The Second One” began on a bloody note with the decapitation of Kelly Osbourne (thanks to a very hungry shark). But the death of the flight attendant was nothing compared to what the Syfy flick had in store for viewers.
2. If you thought Tara Reid was going to survive the second Sharknado in one piece – you were wrong. During the plane crash/shark invasion, Reid’s character, April, had her hand eaten while attempting to shoot a shark in the face.
3. The best part about April’s “shark-utation” is that Billy Ray Cyrus played the role of her doctor. I’m going out on a limb here (no pun intended) to say he was hands down our favorite cameo. Our achy, breaky hearts nearly bursted with joy during his “Sharkando 2” debut.
4. Other honorable mention-worthy cameos: Matt Lauer and Al Roker kept New York up-to-date with sharky-news and even got to kill a shark of their own (Did anyone notice they had more camera time than Reid?). Same goes for Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan! Ripa got her heels dirty when she stabbed a shark in the head with her adorable pumps.
Lauer and Roker survive! pic.twitter.com/W3i5AIKLPe
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) July 31, 2014
5. Celebrity deaths: Perez Hilton met his fate in a subway station, Sandra “Pepa” Denton (from Salt-n-Pepa) was crushed by a shark whilst on a Citi Bike, Vivica A. Fox was electrocuted and then bitten in half – in mid-air! Judd Hirsch met his brutal fate when he got gobbled up in attempts to zip line across a sea of sharks.
6. While Fin (Ziering) visited his wife in the hospital, April revealed that she thought she was getting stalked by a shark giving us one of the best quotes of the night: “The shark kept chasing me. And it had this huge scar across its face. And I shot it in the eye. It’s like, he knew who I was,” she confidently said. True that.
7. The Statue of Liberty was taken out by some rogue sharks. Her decapitated head then started rolling around the city, crushing everything and anyone in her path -- including that guy from “Shark Tank.”
8. Surprising survivals: Somehow Jared Fogle, the Subway guy, managed to survive “Sharknado 2” along with Mark McGrath, who we were sure was going to die after some terrible Sugar Ray pun.
9. Apparently Syfy has some beef with New Jersey. Not once but twice the sequel dissed the Garden State. Can't we all just get along?
10. Fin cooked a shark in a pizza oven! This was definitely one of the most creative deaths we’ve seen on “Sharknado.”
11. An alligator managed to slither his way into the “Sharknado 2” plot. We smell a new Syfy movie!: "Sharknado vs. Hurrigator."
12. April replaced her missing hand with a buzz saw. It was pretty outrageous. She then used it to slice up some sharks.
— Jarett Wieselman (@JarettSays) July 31, 2014
13. Fin found April’s hand (with gun in tow) in the mouth of a fallen shark. He used the weapon to blast the ocean predator to smithereens.
Honorable Mentions: An impatient passenger was eaten by a shark on a toilet and a character had her head chewed up, which we were shown.
— Damian Holbrook (@TVGMDamian) July 31, 2014
What was your favorite moment from “Sharknado 2: The Second One”? Sound off in the comments section below.