‘Storage Wars’ Lawsuit: A&E Winning Despite Dave Hester’s Claims That Show is Rigged

One of the more vocal stars of the hit A&E reality show “Storage Wars,” Dave Hester, may soon be wishing he had not taken on his previous employer after a ruling Tuesday.

Judge Michael Johnson of Los Angeles Superior Court ruled in favor of the television network earlier this week, dismissing Hester’s claims that the show’s producers used unfair business practices, The Wrap reported.

Hester sued the television network in December after he made public claims that "Storage Wars," where people bid on abandoned storage lockers in hopes of turning a profit from the contents, plants valuable items before filming.

Johnson also refused Hester's bid for an injunction against A&E broadcasting the show, saying that would violate the channel's First Amendment rights. The judge went on to call Hester’s testimony unpersuasive, according to The Wrap.

“We are pleased that Judge Johnson rejected Mr. Hester’s baseless unfair business practices claim," said one of A&E's attorneys, Kelli Sager.

“Storage Wars” auctioneer Dan Dotson told TMZ Hester’s claims are false.

“We only sell legitimate units on 'Storage Wars.' Every unit goes through a 64-day legal process and no one has access to units prior to auction,” said Dotson.

Hester’s other claims against A&E include a breach of contract and breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing; they have yet to be addressed in court.

Share this article