“Supernatural” will be returning Tuesday, Oct. 7, with its most jaw-dropping installment to date when the hit CW series premieres its highly anticipated Season 10. We know what you’re thinking -- how on earth could Eric Kripke possibly top himself after Season 9’s nail-bitter of a finale? Well, according to reports, the only thing more shocking than Dean turning into a demon is what the eldest Winchester does while black-eyed and bushy tailed.
Below we bring you five facts about Jensen Ackles’ newest role -- some of which may surprise you:
1. Season 10 Premiere Plot Details: When Season 10 kicks off, it will be months after Dean has transformed into the creature he hates the most. According to Ackles, his character will be traveling around with Crowley, getting into all types of mischievous situations, while his brother attempts to hunt him down.
2. Demon Dean “On the Run Tour” 2014: Dean has hit the ground running (or flying -- how do demons travel again?) and has no interest in returning home. Ackles teased that although his brother is out searching for him, his character shudders at the idea of leading a “simple, human existence” once again.
"Sam can’t find him because he doesn’t want to be found. Because [Dean is] having fun and he knows that if Sam finds him, he’s going to do his best to reverse the demon in him. But he’s like, 'I’ve got the golden ticket,'" Ackles said to TVLine about Dean's demon-transformation.
3. … More like “Devious Dean”: Ackles revealed that the new version he’s playing of Dean is unlike anything fans have ever seen before.
“Oh, it’s like an ultra-version of a womanizing party animal. He’s out partying in Vegas with the King of Hell, he’s got backstage passes and he doesn’t give a sh-t about anything. That’s essentially what we’re going to see,” he told TVLine.
4. Is Crowley ready for Demon Dean’s jelly?: The answer is no. Ackles hinted that his character will “end up being too much for Crowley to handle” in Season 10.
"He's not just a demon, he's a demon with the Mark of Cain, which makes him like uber demon," Ackles revealed. "So there's so much evil inside him, there's so much devil inside him, that the pratcical Dean is smothered."
5. Bad news for Dean-fans: Dean will prove just how bad he can be when he partakes in an “intense fling” during the second episode with a “tough but sympathetic roadhouse cocktail waitress” named Ann Marie.
Fun Season 10 Fact: In honor of the 200th episode, “Supernatural” will feature a musical-ish episode “in celebration of the show and particularly the fans of the show,” Jeremy Carver told E! News. The showrunner hinted that there will be more than one song and “potentially” some dancing. But can fans expect Demon Dean to belt out an evil note or two?
“Dean can’t sing,” Ackles joked during an interview.
Are you excited to meet Demon Dean? Sound off in the comments section below with your predictions about Ackles’ new character in Season 10 of “Supernatural.”