- Armed Police Descend On L.I. Home In 'Swatting' Hoax
April 24 2014 11:44 AM
This disturbing crime trend endangers first responders and those in legitimate need of their help.
- LG's G Watch Is Waterproof, Always-On And One Ugly Duckling
April 23 2014 3:22 PM
LG has revealed more details and a closer look at its G Watch, powered by Android Wear, and we wish they hadn't.
- Huawei Tech Says NSA Fallout Won't Dent Growth
April 23 2014 8:47 AM
Huawei has been pursued by U.S. lawmakers who believe it has been engaged in espionage.
- Now, Anyone Can Test Mac OS Betas
April 23 2014 3:53 AM
Users are required to sign a confidentiality agreement to discourage leaking of confidential information.
- Apple To End AIM Support On Older Versions Of Mac OSX
April 21 2014 1:09 PM
Mac OSX users that want to continue using Me.com and Mac.com accounts with AOL Instant Messenger will have to upgrade to Mac OSX Mavericks.
- New Google Technology Can Solve CAPTCHA Tests Better Than You
April 17 2014 4:09 PM
The Google Street View team created a new computer program that can fool one of the best tests known for distinguishing humans from bots.
- After Heartbleed, What Other Bugs Lurk On The Internet?
April 17 2014 12:13 PM
“If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.”
- Will PCs Rise From The Grave?
April 15 2014 4:30 AM
The end of support from Microsoft for its Windows XP operating system possibly played a role in easing the decline of PC shipments.
- Google Search Could Soon Favor Encrypted Websites
April 14 2014 5:39 PM
Google's PageRank algorithm, the secret recipe for ranking high in search results, could begin to favor sites that protect Web visitors.
- Amazon.com To Acquire comiXology
April 11 2014 2:00 AM
ComiXology is a popular app on Apple devices and had 180 million downloads of comic books and graphic novels worldwide by mid-2013.
- iPad Air, Retina Mini iPad May See Early Than Normal Launch
April 10 2014 4:06 PM
Renowned Apple analyst Ming Chi-Kuo weighed in on several Apple products Wednesday, including the future iterations of the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini.
- Listen To This - Google Chrome Bug Could Let Websites Spy On Your Conversations
April 10 2014 3:36 PM
The bug could give malicious websites access to Chrome-generated transcripts of conversations within earshot of a computer's microphone.
- Google To Sell Project Glass To Anyone For One Day
April 10 2014 3:35 PM
Google said it would open orders of its wearable computing headset, Glass, to anyone in the US for one day.
- 'Perfect Forward Secrecy' - The Technology To Counter Heartbleed Cyberthreat
April 10 2014 2:54 PM
Perfect forward secrecy generates a new random key every time public data is transmitted to a server.
- Why It Took Two Years To Find Heartbleed
April 09 2014 10:16 PM
The key to finding Heartbleed was creating a way to automatically test encryption software for vulnerabilities.
- Why Microsoft Dropped Windows XP
April 09 2014 3:02 PM
Time has run out for the once-ubiquitous OS after 12 years of service.
- Why 'Heartbleed' Bug Is Devastating Cybersecurity
April 08 2014 12:24 PM
Heartbleed gives hackers easy access to encrypted communications and private information like usernames, passwords and credit card data.
- How Some Countries Are Planning Future Of The Internet
April 08 2014 11:22 AM
In conjunction with Wikileaks, 23 nations will discuss human rights and the internet in São Paulo later this month.
- What To Expect At WWDC 2014
April 03 2014 1:52 PM
Apple announced Thursday that WWDC will take place June 2-6 at the Mascone West Center in San Francisco, Calif. Here’s what to expect.
- Windows 8.1 Update To Roll Out Next Week
April 03 2014 7:36 AM
The traditional Start menu is also said to be coming back to Windows, but not in the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update.