- A Look Back At Apple's 2013 Products
December 31 2013 2:57 PM
A review of the devices and software announced and launched by Apple in 2013.
- Google’s Chromebook Outsold Apple’s MacBook, But Who Sold More Tablets?
December 30 2013 1:11 AM
This year saw 25 percent more desktops, notebooks and tablets sold in the U.S. compared to last year, but it was not a pleasant one for Apple.
- Tech Glitch Mars Russian Spacewalk
December 28 2013 12:06 PM
Exact cause of problem still a mystery.
- Judge's Wikipedia Page Vandalized Following Pro-NSA Ruling
December 27 2013 7:48 PM
Vandals targeted federal judge William Pauley's Wikipedia page after he ruled that the NSA's bulk collection of phone data was legal.
- What Did Customers Buy This Record Holiday Season On Amazon?
December 27 2013 1:04 AM
On Amazon’s biggest shipping day of the year, the company shipped more than 36.8 million items to customers worldwide.
- After-Christmas Hard Drive Deals: HDD And SSD Year-End Discounts
December 26 2013 12:43 PM
Want more digital storage space? IBTimes has you covered with after-Christmas and year-end external hard drive and solid-state drive discounts and sales from Newegg, Amazon and Best Buy.
- Accounts Likely To Dominate Twitter, Facebook In Early 2014
December 26 2013 11:16 AM
Yes, there's a tech firm monitoring and data mining these two enormously successful social media sites.
- Asimov's 'I, Robot' Finds Reality At Berkeley Labs
December 24 2013 5:49 PM
Berkeley Labs creates a micro torsion spring 1,000 times stronger than current robotic muscles.
- Snowden Unloads In Moscow Interview
December 24 2013 2:25 AM
In an interview with The Washington Post, Snowden reflected on his life as a fugitive and the fallout of his revelations.
- US Military Caught Using Unlicensed Windows 7
December 23 2013 1:49 PM
A soldier stationed in Qatar leaked photos showing 18 computers in an education center running unlicensed versions.
- Apple Memo Reveals 'Big Plans' For 2014
December 23 2013 12:05 PM
If you're expecting a low-profile product launch year for Apple in 2014, think again.
- RSA Denies It Was Rewarded By NSA For Flawed Encryption Tool
December 23 2013 2:07 AM
In September, media reports revealed that RSA's BSAFE encryption tool had a major security flaw, which aided the NSA in its spying.
- Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Released By Evad3rs Team
December 22 2013 9:38 AM
After months of waiting, those looking to jailbreak Apple's latest iOS devices can do so with the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch jailbreak software released by the Evad3rs team, Evasi0n7.
- FBI Used Tor To Catch Harvard Bomb Hoax Suspect, Eldo Kim
December 20 2013 3:13 PM
The NSA has designed programs to decrypt Tor, but other law enforcement agencies have actually used Tor to catch a criminal.
- How Big Data Companies Are Trying To Win Corporate Clients
December 20 2013 2:16 PM
Devices that track your location and scan your face are on the brink of broad adoption, according to retail specialists.
- PC Gamer In Your Life? Buy Them This For Xmas [VIDEO]
December 19 2013 3:39 PM
Luke Villapaz gathered PC gaming accessories to even the gift-giving attention this year, so we brought him on camera to take us through the items.
- UK Porn Filters Blocking Sex Education Websites
December 19 2013 3:01 PM
UK porn filters are actually terrible at blocking porn, but have been particularly effective at blocking websites related to sex education and sexual health.
- Apple Mac Pro Is Now Available
December 19 2013 5:09 AM
Apple's new Mac Pro desktop, the company’s first product to be completely manufactured in the U.S., is now available on its online store.
- How Safe Is Your MacBook Webcam?
December 19 2013 3:18 AM
Researchers have found webcams on the 2008 MacBook and iMac models, and more recent models from other vendors, can be compromised.
- Who Has The Biggest Bitcoin Wallet?
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
BitcoinRichList ranks the wallets, and the largest contains more than 144,341 bitcoins.