- Meet BitTorrent Sync, Dropbox's Newest Competitor
August 27 2014 7:01 PM
BitTorrent Sync is a free, secure storage locker created by uTorrent's parent company.
- Hate Negotiating With Cable? This MBA Will Do It For You
August 27 2014 5:22 PM
An opaque marketplace and wide-ranging pricing means opportunity for this cable negotiator.
- Smartphone Users Spend Way More Time In Apps Than The Mobile Web
August 27 2014 12:00 PM
Mobile ad server Medialets releases data from 300 million mobile ad impressions.
- Hike, India-Based WhatsApp Rival, Raises $65M
August 27 2014 10:30 AM
HIke, India's rival to Facebook's Whatsapp, has raised $65 million from Tiger Global, Bharti Softbank
- Widespread Time Warner Cable Outage Frustrates Customers
August 27 2014 8:46 AM
Time Warner Cable Internet service was down Wednesday, with users stuck offline for hours without explanation.
- Nano Car Visionary Invests In E-Commerce Upstart Snapdeal
August 27 2014 8:43 AM
Snapdeal, a growing e-commerce portal, has also tied up with the Tata Group’s housing division to sell affordable homes online.
- Voice Controlled Wearables Startup Theatro Raises $5 Million From Khosla Ventures
August 26 2014 11:29 AM
Dallas, Texas based Theatro makes voice activated wearables for hands free use.
- Plants Versus Zombies Hits PS4 [VIDEO]
August 26 2014 10:48 AM
PvZ first launched a few months back as an Xbox One title, but now PS4 users can join the party. So what’s all the commotion about?
- Netflix Blasts Proposed Comcast-Time Warner Cable Deal
August 26 2014 10:42 AM
Video streaming service says the proposed merger would change the nature of the Internet.
- Chinese OS Will Further Limit Western Influence
August 25 2014 4:55 PM
A national Chinese operating system, known as COS, is expected to be unveiled in October.
- Amazon Is Not Playing Around
August 25 2014 2:39 PM
Amazon Inc. has swooped in for video game site Twitch in a deal worth more than $1 billion, according to reports.
- Tweeting To Understand The US Economy
August 25 2014 10:35 AM
Using Twitter data, researchers have found a way to estimate employment more quickly and accurately than the government can.
- Over 1,000 Businesses Affected By Cash Register Cyberattacks
August 22 2014 5:35 PM
A cyberattack previously believed to have affected only Target stores has reportedly compromised over 1,000 American businesses.
- Sophisticated Hackers To Spawn Information Security Boom: Report
August 22 2014 5:23 AM
The easy availability of malicious software, which led to highly targeted attacks in 2013, will transform the information security industry.
- Reddit Mum Again On Racist Forums
August 22 2014 4:48 AM
A Reddit forum attacking Mike Brown and other young black man has revived questions Reddit has yet to answer.
- Will SoundCloud And Snapchat Users Accept Ads?
August 21 2014 5:14 PM
Twitter and Facebook serve as models for social networks building ad businesses.
- British Islamist 'John' Decapitated James Foley: Report
August 21 2014 4:14 AM
John is said to be the ringleader of three British jihadists entrusted with guarding foreign hostages in Raqqa, Syria.
- Amazon's Drones May Fly First In India: Report
August 21 2014 1:04 AM
Amazon might be preparing to test its 'octocopter' Prime Air delivery drones in India in late October, The Economic Times reports.
- DoNotLink ‘Hides’ Websites From Search Engines, Gains Popularity In An Anti-Clickbait Age
August 20 2014 4:45 PM
DoNotLink, a link shortener designed to block sites from ranking high in search results, is catching on among niche online communities.
- Vine's 'Moment' Might Be #Ferguson
August 20 2014 12:56 PM
Unrest in the wake of the Michael Brown shooting is giving Twitter's Vine another opportunity to shine within the video sharing marketplace.