- Putin Denies Investigating Internet 'Kill Switch' Idea
October 01 2014 11:03 AM
Russian government websites must do more to protect themselves from cyber-attacks, President Vladimir Putin said.
- Facebook CEO To Meet India's Prime Minister
October 01 2014 9:18 AM
Mark Zuckerberg will keynote an Internet conference in India next week, and separately meet India's social media-savvy prime minister.
- Divided We Sell? EBay, PayPal Ripe For Buyouts After Split
October 01 2014 5:24 AM
Apple Pay allows consumers to make transactions with their mobile devices, an area where PayPal still lags behind.
- Spacey Thinks Oculus Rift Could Change Storytelling Forever
September 30 2014 5:14 PM
Actor says Netflix allowed 'House of Cards' to break from the tyranny of Nielsen ratings.
- Hackers Stole 'Gears Of War,' Apache Helicopter Secrets
September 30 2014 4:58 PM
Two of four accused hackers pleaded guilty to fraud and copyright infringement Tuesday.
- Reddit Wants To Give Its Users $5 Million
September 30 2014 3:29 PM
Reddit planning a new cryptocurrency? You bet, after $50 million in fundraising.
- Pirate Bay Offers Free Movies, But Viruses Might Be Included
September 30 2014 1:32 PM
The Pirate Bay tends to attract malicious advertisers, and administrators have either failed to do their due diligence or simply ignored the risk.
- Is Google Plus Rigged To Promote ... Google?
September 30 2014 10:57 AM
A new lobbying effort wants Google to "focus on the user."
- 100,000 Hong Kong Protesters Download 'FireChat' App
September 30 2014 9:29 AM
The California-based FireChat app's popularity exploded over a 24-hour period.
- Advertisers Like Facebook's New Targeting Plan, But Do Users?
September 29 2014 4:51 PM
Facebook peddles user data in its quest to convert more ad dollars to digital media.
- Amazon’s Bezos Bullish On India
September 29 2014 3:41 AM
The Indian e-commerce market is growing much faster than other markets, and Amazon jumped into it at the right time, according to Bezos.
- Why Some LGBT Users Are Leaving Facebook For Ello
September 28 2014 8:12 AM
Because of Facebook's "real name" policy, many LGBT users may be leaving for Ello: Why Mark Zuckerberg may not understand.
- With Thom Yorke, BitTorrent Aims To Reduce Piracy
September 27 2014 10:57 AM
BitTorrent Inc. hopes releasing torrent packages like "Tomorrow's Modern Boxes" will reduce the Pirate Bay's influence.
- Can AOL Save Yahoo?
September 26 2014 7:04 PM
Starboard now thinks AOL is Yahoo's best chance for a future.
- Activist Investor Starboard Says Yahoo Is Terribly Run
September 26 2014 1:20 PM
Pressure's on for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer.
- 'Vast Majority' Of Users Safe From Shellshock Hack: Apple
September 26 2014 10:30 AM
Shellshock, which takes advantage of a Bash security flaw, does put some OS X customers at risk.
- ISIS Propaganda Campaign Could Be Their Achilles' Heel
September 25 2014 3:49 PM
If citizen journalists have been able to identify the location of Islamic State fighters, U.S. officials probably can too.
- Is Your Computer About To Suffer 'Shellshock'?
September 25 2014 11:46 AM
The latest widespread security hack could be far more dangerous than what cybersecurity have ever seen — including this year's 'Heartbleed' hack.
- Apple Was Aware Of iCloud Flaw 6 Months Before 'The Fappening'
September 25 2014 8:09 AM
Ibrahim Balic, a London-based software developer, alleges he informed Apple about a serious iCloud vulnerability on March 26.
- Is Silicon Valley In Bubble Territory?
September 24 2014 1:57 PM
Cisco CEO John Chambers thinks so. On Wednesday he said 80 percent of tech companies that have gone public in 2014 have no earnings.