- AT&T Is Powering Up New Yorkers' Summers With Free Mobile Charging Stations
June 18 2013 8:01 PM
AT&T will install 25 solar-powered mobile charging stations throughout New York City this summer as part of their Street Charge program.
- Pirate Bay Founder Charged in Denmark
June 18 2013 1:15 PM
Gottfrid Svartholm, a co-founder of The Pirate Bay, will be extradited to Denmark to face new hacking charges.
- Obama Defends NSA, But Tech Community Is Not Impressed
June 18 2013 1:07 PM
President Obama went on PBS to defend NSA surveillance programs like PRISM, comparing them to DUI checkpoints and airport security.
- Hangover Part 3 Week's Top Download
June 17 2013 6:55 PM
For the second week in a row, “The Hangover Part 3,” was the top downloaded movie on BitTorrent.
- Digg's Google Reader Replacement To Launch Next Week
June 17 2013 6:42 PM
Digg hopes to launch a viable replacement for the soon-to-be defunct Google Reader with its new Digg Reader, available next week.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Scores Legal Victory Against DOJ
June 17 2013 4:24 PM
A FISC judge ruled in favor of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, allowing it to sue to make public a secret court decision on surveillance methods.
- Steve Wozniak, Apple Co-Founder, Compares US To Soviet Union [VIDEO]
June 17 2013 4:00 PM
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak recently made some comments about PRISM, iOS 7 and Android.
- iMessage and Facetime Protected From PRISM
June 17 2013 1:06 PM
Apple disclosed information about U.S. government requests and showed which user information is safe from NSA probes.
- How To Follow The Edward Snowden Live Chat
June 17 2013 10:53 AM
Edward Snowden, the NSA whistleblower, will be holding a live online Q&A hosted on the the Guardian's website and Twitter.
- IOS 7 On iPhone 6 With Edge-To-Edge Display: A Concept Design
June 17 2013 12:01 AM
A designer has come up with a new “iPhone 6” concept with iOS 7 and a 4.3-inch edge-to-edge display. Here’s how it might look.
- Google, Twitter Seek More NSA Request Transparency
June 15 2013 4:05 PM
Google and Twitter aren't interested in publishing limited data about national security info requests, unlike Facebook and Microsoft.
- Google Balloons To Bring Net To Isolated Communities
June 15 2013 12:37 PM
Google launched Project Loon on Friday. It uses Balloons in the stratosphere to connect isolated communities to the Internet.
- Facebook Releases Data On US National-Security Requests
June 14 2013 11:18 PM
Facebook reported Friday it had between 9,000 and 10,000 information requests related to national security in the last six months of 2012.
- Kickass Torrents Shut Down
June 14 2013 8:52 AM
The domain for Kickass Torrents was shut down by Philippine officials but the popular torrent site has quickly set up shop at a new domain.
- Is Apple's Siri Now A Man? The Big Change Coming To iPhone Users' Personal Assistant
June 13 2013 11:17 PM
With the release of Apple's iOS 7, users will now have the option of a male or female voice for Siri, the iPhone personal assistant.
- Google Hot Trends Visualizer Brightens Searches
June 13 2013 11:37 AM
A new visualizer from Google shows the Internet's top searches in a beautiful full-screen display.
- Netflix To Introduce Profiles
June 12 2013 3:23 PM
To help families and roommates who split a single Netflix account, Netflix will introduce user profiles this summer.
- Facebook Introduces Hashtags
June 12 2013 2:17 PM
Following up on the change that had been rumored since March, Facebook Wednesday announced that hashtags are now integrated.
- African Techies Unveil A Tough New Internet Tool
June 12 2013 1:57 PM
The BRCK is a unique new tool that can help Africans get connected to the internet wherever they are.
- Irish Court Orders ISPs To Block The Pirate Bay
June 12 2013 10:44 AM
An Irish court has ordered six ISPs to in block subscriber access to The Pirate Bay.