- FTC Accuses Flashlight App Of Spying
December 06 2013 3:00 PM
These days, even something as simple as a flashlight function on your smartphone is secretly collecting data.
- Spotify Expanding Services For Nonpaying Subscribers
December 06 2013 12:22 PM
Spotify has reportedly been working on its free on-demand streaming service for more than a year, negotiating with the three major record companies.
- How To Check If Your Passwords Have Been Compromised
December 05 2013 5:16 PM
Here's how to use a new free tool to determine if your online passwords have been stolen, breached or compromised.
- How The NSA Monitors 5 Billion Cell Phones Per Day
December 05 2013 1:49 PM
The programs leaked by Edward Snowden, known collectively as "Co-Traveler," allow the NSA to track the locations of any cell phone in the world.
- JPMorgan Warns Of Data Breach In Cyberattack
December 05 2013 6:42 AM
The New York bank said hackers may have gained access to personal information of nearly half a million of its corporate customers.
- Does FCC Chairman Oppose Net Neutrality Rule?
December 04 2013 9:40 PM
The Open Internet Order clearly states that ISPs may not “unreasonably discriminate” against types of traffic.
- Cyber Monday Sting Operation Takes Down 706 Counterfeit Sites
December 04 2013 3:18 PM
A press release from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement department said hundreds of seized websites were duping customers into unknowingly purchase counterfeit goods on Cyber Monday.
- Where Can You Spend Those Bitcoins?
December 04 2013 12:37 PM
A new interactive map shows businesses around the world that will accept bitcoins.
- Facebook Introduces 'Unfollow' Button
December 04 2013 3:09 AM
With new algorithms, Facebook will now help clean up your profile page so you only read stuff you really care about.
- First Video Game On Google Chromecast
December 03 2013 5:38 PM
A new app allows players to play tic-tac-toe via their Chromecast, showing the future potential to use the platform for gaming.
- Student's Sign Earns $26,000 In Bitcoins
December 03 2013 4:45 PM
A student figured out how to use his college football sign to earn more than $26,000 in bitcoins.
- Hacker School In Israel
December 03 2013 12:34 PM
Instructors at the “Cyber Gym” launch simulated attacks against a computer system in the “defense room.”
- Cyber Monday Breaks Records
December 03 2013 11:05 AM
Online retailers shrugged off a mediocre overall retail environment to rake in big sales increases.
- Secret Chinese Bitcoin Mine
December 02 2013 2:41 PM
A secret facility in Hong Kong is used to generate bitcoins.
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Apple In Privacy Lawsuit
November 28 2013 3:33 AM
- Instagram Video: How It Came To Be [VIDEO]
November 27 2013 4:59 PM
- NSA Tracked Online Sexual Habits Of Its 'Targets'
November 27 2013 7:53 AM
Documents released by Edward Snowden show the NSA collected records of online sexual activity of the people it suspected of radicalism.
- Was Kayla Mendoza's Twitter Account Hacked?
November 26 2013 4:35 PM
Mendoza’s cousin Luis Massey told the Miami New Times that a hacker used Kayla Mendoza’s Twitter account to post nearly 5,000 tweets referencing drug use and underage drinking in order to slander her.
- 75% Of Yahoo Employees Don't Use Yahoo Mail
November 26 2013 3:27 PM
Yahoo is encouraging its employees to make the switch to Yahoo Mail, not just on principle but also to help test the product.
- UK Internet To Block 'Extremist' Websites
November 26 2013 1:56 PM
David Cameron said the U.K. will block certain websites in order to keep the country safe.