- Chinese Censorship Just Cost Weibo $380 Million
April 17 2014 2:30 PM
The huge Chinese social media company's IPO came in a bit light but it's not likely a warning sign for Alibaba's big plans later this year.
- No, Google Fiber Is Not Coming To NYC
April 17 2014 12:52 PM
Despite reports to the contrary, Google has no secret plans to bring Fiber to NYC.
- Largest Golden Parachute Ever Given To Yahoo Exec Fired For Poor Performance
April 17 2014 12:44 PM
Henrique de Castro was only Yahoo's chief operating officer for 15 months, but he has received a severance package worth nearly $58 million.
- After Heartbleed, What Other Bugs Lurk On The Internet?
April 17 2014 12:13 PM
“If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.”
- Canada Makes First Heartbleed Arrest
April 16 2014 6:26 PM
A 19-year-old hacker living in London, Ontario, was accused of using Heartbleed to steal taxpayer data from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Why Twitter Acquired Gnip
April 15 2014 2:49 PM
Twitter said Gnip has been “crucial” in turning tweets into a valuable marketing product for companies over the past four years.
- BlackBerry To Release Heartbleed Patches
April 13 2014 7:51 PM
Due to the security threat, the BBM messaging program for Android and iOS and the Secure Work Space corporate email need to be updated.
- NASDAQ Composite Falls, Marking Its Worst Week Since 2012
April 12 2014 11:10 AM
Though stocks rebounded this week, weaker earnings dragged the stocks down again.
- NSA Denies It Knew About Heartbleed: WashPo Report
April 11 2014 7:44 PM
A Bloomberg writer cites anonymous sources but the NSA insists it "was not aware of the recently identified vulnerability in OpenSSL."
- NSA Exploited Heartbleed 2 Years For Spying: Report
April 11 2014 3:42 PM
The revelation that the agency prioritized national security higher than Internet privacy will reignite the debate over the NSA's role.
- Now Heartbleed Tearing Into Bitcoin
April 11 2014 2:00 PM
To fight the bug, the Bitcoin Foundation advised all bitcoin developers and merchants to upgrade to the latest version of Bitcoin Core.
- Heartbleed Bug Hits Cisco, Juniper Networks
April 11 2014 10:43 AM
However, major websites such as Netflix, Amazon.com and Google were quick to patch the Heartbleed bug.
- Heartbleed Did Not Affect Apple’s iOS, OS X And 'Key Web Services'
April 11 2014 5:01 AM
Websites such as Google and Facebook have implemented fixes for the flaw, but security researchers urge users to change their passwords.
- Vodafone Fully Takes Over Indian Operations For $1.68B
April 11 2014 4:36 AM
After the completion of Verizon's $130 billion stake sale, India will become the second-largest market for Vodafone after Germany.
- Amazon.com To Acquire comiXology
April 11 2014 2:00 AM
ComiXology is a popular app on Apple devices and had 180 million downloads of comic books and graphic novels worldwide by mid-2013.
- 'Perfect Forward Secrecy' - The Technology To Counter Heartbleed Cyberthreat
April 10 2014 2:54 PM
Perfect forward secrecy generates a new random key every time public data is transmitted to a server.
- What To Do If You're Affected By The Heartbleed Bug
April 10 2014 2:13 PM
Heartbleed sent the Internet into a frenzy after it was publicly disclosed; here are some steps before rushing to change your passwords.
- Why It Took Two Years To Find Heartbleed
April 09 2014 10:16 PM
The key to finding Heartbleed was creating a way to automatically test encryption software for vulnerabilities.
- 6 Windows 8.1 Improvements In Recent Update
April 09 2014 2:52 PM
Most of the updates unify the Windows 8.1 experience across all platforms, optimizing performance, whether a mouse or touchscreen is used.
- Google Maps Won't Label Crimea As Russia's, And Moscow Isn't Pleased
April 09 2014 11:15 AM
Crimea remains part of Ukraine, according to the mapping site, which is the most frequently used smartphone app in the world.