- After Record IPO, Alibaba Prepares To Expand Outside China
September 20 2014 2:18 AM
Alibaba could strengthen its overseas operations by focusing on investments in, and partnerships with, local logistics companies.
- Pirate Bay Goes To College
September 19 2014 6:15 PM
Cash-strapped students are posting PDF files of popular, expensive textbooks on illicit torrent sites.
- Groupon Reveals Dismal Diversity Data
September 19 2014 4:48 PM
Groupon revealed its diversity statistics on Friday, which fell in line with a number of tech companies reports over the past months
- Ustream CEO Brad Hunstable On The State of Live Streaming
September 19 2014 1:07 PM
CEO Brad Hunstable founded Ustream with the aim of helping soldiers connect with family at home.
- Home Depot Hack Puts 56M Payment Cards At Risk
September 19 2014 10:18 AM
Home Depot will spend $62 million to clean up from the data breach that lasted from April through September.
- Alibaba Sets IPO Price At $68
September 18 2014 5:49 PM
Robust pricing has set up what may be the biggest IPO in U.S. history.
- Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
September 18 2014 4:59 PM
Ellison’s move to the lab comes at a crucial time for Oracle.
- Amazon Outbids Google For .Buy Top-Level Domain
September 18 2014 11:32 AM
Amazon's $4.6 million bid was enough to win an ICANN auction.
- Alibaba In Talks With India's Snapdeal: Report
September 18 2014 2:39 AM
The Snapdeal alliance could help Alibaba enter India’s booming online retail space and compete directly with Flipkart and Amazon.
- Why Jack Ma Has Taken Alibaba Public
September 17 2014 2:54 PM
Going public with Alibaba could potentially raise $25 billion, and maybe make it the biggest IPO in U.S. history. What's the real strategy?
- US Surveillance Requests Jumped 250% Since 2009: Google
September 16 2014 10:53 AM
Egypt, Indonesia and several other countries demanded Google user information for the first time in 2014.
- Uber Expands In India Under Shadow Of Potential Payments Ban
September 16 2014 3:01 AM
Uber, California's hot taxi startup has expanded its Indian service, adding its low-cost UberX option in three Indian cities
- Alibaba Boosts Share Pricing To $68 Ahead Of IPO
September 15 2014 6:10 PM
High institutional demand ahead of an IPO later this week.
- Ad Block Software Used By 144M Monthly Users, Report Finds
September 15 2014 4:52 PM
Use of ad blocking software has exploded among people of all ages, sexes and throughout the world.
- Comcast Denies Threatening Anonymous Web Users
September 15 2014 2:11 PM
"Our customers can use the Internet for anything they want," a Comcast spokesman said.
- Leaked Microsoft Video Shows Return Of Start Menu
September 15 2014 1:57 PM
The video, posted by German tech site WinFuture, shows that Windows 9 will see the return of the Start menu, a popular feature that Microsoft removed from Windows 8 in favor of its Modern UI touch-centric interface.
- Magazine Startup In California Embraces Slow, Handcrafted Media
September 15 2014 11:51 AM
Born out of Pop-Up Magazine events, it's high-gloss in print and an HBO model for content on the Web and mobile apps.
- For This British Newspaper, The 'Right To Be Forgotten' Is Censorship
September 15 2014 9:22 AM
A British artist presumably pushed to have the Worcester News remove an article showing one of his older paintings.
- Tim Cook Weighs In On 'Awful' TV Interfaces, Steve Jobs' Legacy
September 12 2014 10:00 PM
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' office is still on the fourth floor, just as he left it.
- Facebook Forces Drag Queens To Use Real Names, Creating Controversy
September 12 2014 3:38 PM
Cross-dressing performers are asking Facebook not to discriminate, but the real issue is money.