4. GreeceDespite economic condition alarming harm to tourism, Greece remains as one of the top choice of travel advisors for romantic destination. From Athens' architecture and history, to picturesque Greek island of Santorini, Greece abounds in romantic escapades. Pictured: Panoramic view of Santorini Island.
6. Bali, IndonesiaPictured is an aerial view of a white sand beach facing the Indian Ocean in Nusa Dua, Bali. The Indonesian resort island attracts tourists who come for the picturesque surroundings and friendly locals. Bali is growing as a honeymoon destination as well, according to Virtuoso travel advisers.
7. ThailandThailand beaches and islands are not unknown for their romantic charm but touring the capital city of Bangkok and happening beach city Pattaya provides a great value for money for newlywed couples. In picture: Bangkok's Victory Monument is seen lit as cars go past it's roundabout.
8. Costa RicaCosta Rica is not just about coasts and beaches, but offers numerous natural wonders. From the beaches of the Pacific to the country’s extensive natural park system, Costa Rica has something for everybody. The country offers eco-tourism, extensive adventure travel experience ranging from white water rafting, canyoning, hiking, biking and more. Pictured: An aerial view of rainbow above San Jose City, Costa Rica
No. 10 Australia (tie)
Some 28 percent of Australians admitted to stealing from hotels. Favorite items to nab: magazines and books.
10. LaosA cargo boat sails from a Lao border town near Laos' capital Vientiane, along the Mekong river, towards the Thai border town of Sri Chiangmai, as sun sets May 7, 2007. Photo taken from the Thai village of Sri Chiangmai. Laos, a landlocked country in Southeast Asia, offers startling contrasts, from mountainous regions with hill-tribes to little towns with lively markets. According to Virtuoso, Laos is the ideal exotic destination across much of Southeast Asia.
BRIDES magazine and travel advisors at Virtuoso, a leading luxury travel network in the Americas, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, have provided a list of hottest honeymoon or romantic destinations of 2012 in the current issue of the magazine.
The ten destinations vary in offering experiences ranging from a secluded beach vacation, intrepid safaris as well as adventures in new and exotic lands.
On the basis of the views of 7,200 elite travel specialists, here are the top ten romantic destinations of 2012. Click on Start to view the places considered the very best destinations for newlywed couples.