With a Li-Ion 1735 mAh battery giving 10 hours and 40 minutes of talk time Droid Bionic is sure to capture many smartphone geeks' attention. It is expected that the smartphone will last more than 8 hours on 4G LTE power. The phone is priced at $299.99 for a two year contract at Verizon.
These days, smartphones have become one of the most essential accessories. Consumers wish to save money in every opportunity possible. As consumers throng to buy this power-packed phone, here is a look at apps that can turn Motorola Droid Bionic into a money saving machine.
1) Mint: Mint is one of the best apps out there that brings all your financial accounts together online or on your mobile device. It automatically categorizes your transactions, lets you set budgets and helps you achieve your savings goals. Check your checking account, savings, investments, retirement funds – at any moment of the day. Price: Free
2) Dinner Spinner: Get access to 40,000 user submitted recipes from Allrecipes.com, the world’s best food site. There are thousands of top rated recipes featuring photos and reviews from millions of cooks and also find the time saving recipe tips. Price: Free.
3) PayPal Mobile: PayPal mobile allows users to securely send or collect money, as well as manage their PayPal account from their mobile device. The app currently supports 16 currencies. Price: Free
4) Groupon: Groupon offers the best deals each day. One can get 50 to 90 percent off on the best stuff your city has to offer. Groupon’s subscribers leverage the power of collective purchasing by signing up for daily deals in select cities. If the minimum number of purchasers signs up, then the coupon is activated and users receive a deep discount on a product, event or service. Price: Free
5) Yard Sale Treasure Map: YardSaleTreasureMap is an online yard sale locator map that shows locations of yard sales in your area. Enter your address, select one of the days and click search. The site will then pull yard sale listings from Craigslist and YardSaleTreasureMap.com and map them on top the area map. Each yard sale listing is marked with the marker. Click on the marker to get further details for each yard sale. If you’re aware of any yard sale that it not the map there is an option to add it. Price: Free
6) Billski Bill Tracker: Billski generates a monthly schedule and reminds you before your bills are due. Free version is supported by Ads. However there is a paid version as well. It is not difficult to see what the BillTracker does as it tracks all your up and coming bills. Price: Free and paid version for $1.07.
7) CardBank: CardBank stores all your retailer preferred cards on your smartphone. If you are a type of person who owns loyalty cards while going to gym, grocery store, mall, convenience store etc, then use CardBank as it stores all of your preferred shopper cards right on your smartphone to be scanned just like a real-life card at a merchant check out. Price: Free
8) Checkplease: As you go out with your friends whose math-impairment leaves you with an unfair share of the bill at times, then Checkplease app is for you. It provides quick and accurate calculation tip and helps you skip tipping on sales tax. It also helps you to split the bill among multiple people and switching to different currencies option is available. Price: $0.99
9) Bill Minder: Sometimes keeping track of all the bills means losing peace of mind. Never pay another late fee! BillMinder simplifies your life by bringing all your bills into one manageable place. With one glance know which bill needs attention. It is an award winning application. It also has the skill to deftly categorize collector’s bills, the date paid as well as the amount and conveniently export these to Excel. Price: $2.13
10) Cobra iRadar: Using your smartphones Bluetooth wireless technology connection, you can control all the preferences of the iRadar including User, Alert and GPS settings. Never pay traffic fine as the app for iPhone alerts drivers to red-light cameras and speed traps, as well as dangerous intersections. These locations are 100% verified and updated daily through Cobra’s exclusive AURA Camera & Driving Hazard Database. Price: Free
11) GeoQpons: This app is loaded with retail and restaurant coupons. There are in-store coupons and offers from stores such as Ann Taylor, Carter’s, Children’s Place, Gap, Hobby Lobby and more. A great feature is you can share the coupons and deals with friends via email, Facebook, or Twitter. To use a coupon, just show the cashier the image of the coupon on your phone. The cashier can enter the coupon code or verify the coupon to apply the discount. It has been my experience on a few occasions that a store will not accept a mobile coupon, but an actual paper copy of the coupon. However, more and more stores are accepting mobile coupons. GeoQpons app is similar to Coupon Sherpa found in App Store for iPhone. Price: Free
12) Cashbook: This is an award winning app which is very similar to TripLog/1040 found in iPhone. Use this app for quick handy way to track expense, income, mileage, sales, receipts for tax, reimbursement and bookkeeping purposes. Never will you be hounded for personal information or charged a fee. Save money on clothing, shoes, restaurants, electronics, travel, jewelry, sporting goods, books and more. Price: $4.99
13) Debt Payoff Planner: Using Debt Payoff Planner app your can organize and prioritize your schedule payment. Top debt reduction app in market. The app was featured in Amazing Android App for Dummies book. Also there Free lite version available. It helps you determine which card or loan to be paid off first and how long it takes to pay of all your debts. There are multiple strategies available in order for you to adopt and become debt free. Price: $0.99
14) Grocery Gadget Shopping List: Compare price, retrieve coupons, share and upload online shopping using Grocery Gadget Shopping List. You don’t have to type just scan barcodes or use built-in list of frequent items. In fact picture is worth a 1000 words, don’t bring home a wrong product. Take use of multiple Shopping Lists and arrange different projects. Price: $2.99. (The free version is known as Grocery Gadget Lite)
15) ATM Hunter: (also known as MasterCard ATM Hunter) ATM Hunter app helps you find ATMs using the location awareness of the iPhone technology. Find MasterCard PayPass accepting merchants located around the world with your iPhone’s GPS, by entering an address or an airport location, from wherever you happen to be. Price: Free
16) GasBuddy: Find out the cheapest gas stations in the US and Canada, see their current gas prices as well. Powered by a community of users who input data on local gas prices, this app will save you money at the pump (as long as you don’t drive across town for a one-penny-per-gallon discount). Free: Price
17) Family Medical Expense Manager: Keep track of all your family's medical expenses with ease. My Family Medical Expense Tracker keeps all of your bills, receipts and other paper related expenses inside your cell phone. Simply take a picture of your bill or receipt, choose a category, answer the questions and store it into your phone. When tax season come around, you will have all your bills ready to be sent to any tax software, email or excel by a touch of a button.Price: $4.99
18) RepairPal: Whether it’s an auto emergency, a roadside breakdown, or just a small problem, RepairPal can help. RepairPal tells you the right price to pay for your repair, finds you a great mechanic in the area, and gives you one-touch access to roadside assistance. Get ready for 24/7 for a car emergency. Get the peace of mind and confidence you need to get behind the wheel of your automobile. With RepairPal, you’re covered everywhere you go in the US. Every zip code and city is covered. Price: Free
19) Skype: Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype rates on the move. Skype 2.1 for Android lets you make free voice and video Skype-to-Skype calls, and call phones and landlines at great Skype rates on the move. Price: Free
20) TextFree: This is an interesting option for those looking to completely eliminate a portion of their monthly phone bill. You can chat with your Facebook friends too. You can get a free phone number but you can also send texts via your regular number too. It has a track record of over 14 million downloads by users. Price: Free
The revolutionary webtop application from Motorola extends the Motorola Droid Bionic into something far beyond the average smartphone. Just connect your Droid Bionic to unique HD Multi-Media dock accessory and webtop does the rest. Via an HDMI connection to HDTV or PC monitor, the user can launch a full Firefox 4.0 browser that gives access to the phone’s interface as well as 200,000 Android Marketplace apps. You can surf the Web, make calls, send texts, or run GoogleDocs, and other Web apps.