Articles by Attorney General
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Accretive Health, Lexmark, Herbalife, Hertz Global, RealD, Forest Oil, Humana, Superior Energy)
July 31 2012 1:25 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Monday were Accretive Health, Lexmark International, Herbalife Ltd, Hertz Global Holdings and Freescale Semiconductor Ltd. The top after-market NYSE losers were RealD, Forest Oil Corp, McMoRan Exploration, Superior Energy Services and Humana Inc.
- Mombasa Blues: Kenyan Separatists May Endanger National Economy, Security
July 26 2012 3:02 PM
The Mombasa Republican Council has been granted legitimacy by the country's high court, setting the stage for a political battle that could threaten Kenya's stability.
- EU To Criminalize Rate-Fixing...And About Time Too
July 25 2012 12:50 PM
The EU is looking into the possibility of making Libor and Euribor rate-rigging -- the deliberate manipulation of interest rates that set the benchmark for over $500 trillion in financial contracts - a criminal offense.
- White House Targets Another State In Offensive On Voter ID Laws: Pennsylvania
July 24 2012 11:31 AM
In its latest effort to scrutinize a wave of new voting laws, the Justice Department is asking Pennsylania for more information about a law requiring voters to present valid photo identification.
- Obama Remains Mum On Gun Control In Colorado Massacre Speech
July 20 2012 11:38 AM
President Obama has been in heavy campaign mode lately, but he stayed away from politics during a Friday morning speech addressing the massacre at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
- Relatives Of Americans Killed In Drone Strikes Sue Obama Administration
July 18 2012 3:31 PM
Relatives of U.S. citizens killed by drone strikes in Yemen have filed a lawsuit against senior members of the Obama administration, the latest legal challenge to the president's aggressive use of armed drones.
- Obama Campaign Issues First Election Law Challenge, Suing Ohio Over Early Voting
July 18 2012 11:49 AM
President Barack Obama's reelection campaign has sued Ohio over a law restricting early voting, arguing that the law discourages some Ohioans from being able to cast ballots.
- Joe Arpaio, 'Obama Birth Certificate' Is Fake, Arizona Sheriff Says Document Is 'Computer Generated Forgery'
July 18 2012 9:43 AM
Investigators in Arizona are calling out President Barack Obama, saying that the birth certificate released by the White House in April 2011 is definitely fraudulent. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the man who is spearheading the investigation, said in March that he believed there was probable cause that Obama's long-form birth certificate was a product of computer-generated forgery.
- Florida To Release Voter Purge List With 180,000 Names Of Possible Non-Citizens
July 11 2012 4:42 PM
Florida Gov. Rick Scott's administration said it will release a list of 180,000 voters in Florida whose citizenship status is in question.
- Texas Voter ID Law Risks Disenfranchising Minorities, Holder Says
July 10 2012 2:41 PM
A Texas voter identification law currently being argued in court could rob minorities of their right to vote, Attorney General Eric Holder told the National Associated for the Advancement of Colored People on Tuesday.
- California Passes Strong Mortgage Protections
July 03 2012 3:03 PM
California, the state with the second most foreclosures by volume, has passed one of the strongest laws in the country seeking to protect homeowners from improperly losing their homes.
- US Refuses Issa Request To Observe Asia Trade Talks
June 28 2012 10:33 PM
U.S. trade officials on Thursday told a Republican lawmaker at the center of a legal fight with the Obama administration he cannot sit in on trade talks next week in San Diego between the United States and other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Holder Contempt Vote: What?s Next?
June 28 2012 4:41 PM
It now falls to the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia to send the contempt citation to a grand jury, an unlikely outcome. Here's what might happen instead.
- Issa Charges Obama With 'Fast and Furious' Coverup
June 26 2012 2:23 PM
The Republican chairman of a House panel is accusing President Obama of either obscuring his involvement in the failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking program or improperly invoking executive privilege
- House Vote On Holder Contempt Expected Thursday
June 25 2012 11:05 PM
The House will decide Thursday whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt for refusing to turn over all documents demanded by lawmakers investigating a botched U.S.-Mexico gun running sting, a highly placed staff member said Monday night.
- Madoff Associate Ezra Merkin Reported Settling New York State Suit For $410M
June 24 2012 2:07 PM
Money manager Ezra Merkin has agreed to pay $410 million to settle a lawsuit brought by the New York attorney general that accused Merkin of steering client money to Ponzi schemer Bernard Madoff, a person familiar with the settlement said on Sunday.
- Darrell Issa Blasts Executive-Branch Resistance To 'Fast And Furious' Investigation
June 24 2012 1:46 PM
The Republican campaign against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is gaining steam ahead of an expected vote in the House of Representatives on a contempt of Congress count in the coming week.
- Arkansas Supreme Court Strikes Down Execution Law
June 23 2012 2:02 PM
The state has been barred from using capital punishment, although the court did not specifically rule that lethal injection or the death penalty is unconstitutional.
- Executive Power Shift: How Obama Is Remaking His Presidency To Ignore Congressional Gridlock
June 23 2012 1:27 PM
From immigration to same-sex marriage to education, U.S. President Barack Obama has been able to advance his agenda without Congress. Here's how.
- Jerry Sandusky Jury Reaches Guilty Verdict; Attorney Plans To Appeal Conviction
June 23 2012 10:01 AM
Former Penn State Assistant Coach Jerry Sandusky has been found guilty of child sex abuse and will be sentenced in September. His lawyer plans to appeal the verdict.