Articles by Attorney General
- ?Flame? Malware Vs. Iran Reactor Only One Tool
June 22 2012 11:49 AM
Cyberdefense specialists in the U.S. and Israel collaborated on the so-called ?Flame? malware that caused havoc with Iran?s nuclear reactors, a top engineer has said.
- Clock Ticking As Holder Looks To Avoid 'Unprecedented' Full Contempt Vote
June 21 2012 10:28 AM
If he wants to avoid an unprecedented contempt vote before the full House of Representatives, the embattled attorney general must strike a deal with Republicans seeking more documents in an investigation of the failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation.
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley: WBO President Concludes Pacquiao Won, Orders Rematch
June 21 2012 10:06 AM
WBO President Francisco Valcarcel had the fight scored by five independent judges.
- House Committee Cites Attorney General Holder For Contempt
June 20 2012 4:37 PM
A House committee voted 23-17 to recommend citing Attorney General Eric Holder for contempt, escalating a standoff with the Obama administration and raising the possibility of an unprecedented contempt vote before the full House.
- White House Withholds Fast And Furious Documents, Citing Executive Privilege, As Holder Contempt Vote Looms
June 20 2012 11:51 AM
The fallout from the failed Fast and Furious program hurtled toward a peak of intensity on Wednesday, as the White House invoked executive privilege in refusing to turn over documents related to the gunrunning program.
- Holder, Issa To Go Face To Face Before Fast and Furious Contempt Vote
June 19 2012 4:13 PM
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa will meet Tuesday, a day before Congressional Republicans are expected to vote on holding Holder in contempt of Congress, without the presence of the House GOP leadership.
- Jerry Sandusky Trial: Defense Focuses On Character Witnesses, But Will He Testify?
June 19 2012 1:46 PM
The defense of Jerry Sandusky has focused on inconsistencies in opposing witness testimony and presenting mostly character witnesses.
- US Justice Department Ends Edwards Prosecution
June 13 2012 4:46 PM
Federal prosecutors said they will not continue to pursue a case against former Sen. John Edwards after a jury was unable to produce a a verdict two weeks ago.
- Senators Challenge Government Program To Monitor Calls, Emails
June 12 2012 1:03 PM
A government intelligence-gathering program aimed at overseas terror suspects may be improperly collecting communications from innocent Americans, two Democratic senators warned.
- US Department Of Justice To Sue Florida Over Immigrant Voter Purge
June 12 2012 11:03 AM
The Department of Justice is planning to sue Florida for pressing ahead with a sweeping effort to strike noncitizens from the voting rolls.
- U.S. And Florida Sue Each Other Over Voter Purge
June 11 2012 9:56 PM
The U.S. Department of Justice is suing Florida to stop its drive to remove what it says are ineligible voters from their rolls, and Florida is suing Homeland Security.
- 31 Dems Expected To Vote Against Eric Holder In Fast And Furious Investigation
June 11 2012 12:30 PM
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will vote on holding United States Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress -- and more than two dozen of his party colleagues are going to vote with Republicans against him.
- Republicans continue attacking Obama, Top Secret leaks
June 11 2012 3:19 AM
Among the government secrets leaked to the media in recent months were reports on US cyber warfare against Iran, procedures for targeting militants for drone attacks and the existence of a double agent who penetrated a militant group in Yemen. Republicans have also criticized the administration for disclosing details of the Navy SEAL team that killed al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a raid on his Pakistan hideout last year.
- Attorney General Eric Holder Assigns Two Prosecutors to Look Into Document Leaks
June 09 2012 12:25 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder assigned two prosecutors to look into the classified document leaks that fed two New York Times articles this past week, further heightening the profile of a debate between Democrats and Republicans about secrecy and the press.
- Facebook For Kids: Social Giant Developing Network Access For Under 13 [REPORT]
June 04 2012 10:57 AM
Facebook is working to extend its reach by lifting age restrictions from the site and developing a social network for children that will be monitored by their parents, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Cop Tells NBC Journalists 'First Amendment Rights Can Be Terminated' [VIDEO]
June 01 2012 11:53 AM
A Chicago police officer tells two NBC journalists in a shocking new video that your first amendment rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever, going on to tell them that your presence is creating a scene.
- Florida Voting Law, Immigrant Voter Purge Halted
June 01 2012 10:49 AM
In a double blow to Florida's controversial push to prevent election fraud, a federal judge blocked the state's new voting law and the Justice Department ordered the state to halt a purge of noncitizens from its voter rolls.
- Knights Templar Drug Cartel Firebombs Sabritas Distribution Center, A PepsiCo Subsidiary
May 30 2012 1:53 PM
Mexican authorities arrested four members of the Mexican drug cartel the Knights Templar after a series of firebombings that damaged a potato-chip company factory owned by PepsiCo. The firebombings prompted Mexican authorities to beef up security at the factory. This was the first recorded attack on an American firm by a drug cartel in Mexico.
- AG Holder Defends Embattled Voting Rights Act
May 23 2012 2:57 PM
As the 1965 Voting Rights Act comes under fire from Republican lawmakers and conservative justices on the Supreme Court, Holder explains why it's still needed to fight inequality at the polls.
- Facebook Shares Rise 3% Despite Subpoenas, Lawsuit, Complaints About IPO
May 23 2012 9:29 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, rose nearly 5 percent Wednesday despite continuing fallout from its May 17 initial public offering.