Kristen Stewart Appears Topless In 'On The Road,' Will Emerge At Film's Toronto Premiere In SeptemberKristen Stewart's hiding is almost over, as her new movie "On The Road" nears its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Stewart portrays Marylou, the 16-year old wife of one of the main characters. Stewart appears topless in the film, as many fans surmised when they saw her topless from behind in the movie trailer.
- Actor Steve Franken has passed away, according to his wife, Jean, who said that her husband never gave up on acting, a pursuit he loved dearly.
- Lohan's career, in contrast to her personal life, seems more promising than it has in years.
- All good things must come to an end, and the same goes for hit MTV show "Jersey Shore." After six seasons of fist pumping, fighting, tanning and smooshing, the cast of the "Jersey Shore" will be saying goodbye to Seaside.
- Floyd Mayweather has reportedly bet $3 million on the Alabam-Michigan matchup this Saturday. The boxer put his money on the Wolverines at +14.
- Sherman Hemsley died more than a month ago, but the body of "The Jeffersons" star is yet to be buried due to a contentious battle over his will.
- A 100-year-old driver backed his car on to a pavement and plowed straight into 11 people, including nine children, opposite an elementary school in South Los Angeles Wednesday.
- The Los Angeles Police Department is searching for Hollywood film producer Brian Gerber, who has been missing for two days.
- Robert Pattinson is selling his home about a month after finding out about live-in girlfriend Kristin Stewart's affair with Rupert Sanders. The mansion is for sale at $6.3 million, according to a report.
- This week appears to be an especially rough one for Lindsay Lohan, after reports have come out that the actress has apparently been banned from one of her favorite Hollywood spots, the Chateau Marmont, after ducking out on a hotel bill. Lohan was asked by management to vacate the suite, on August 1, which she has been living in since May 30, and not to return after accruing but failing to pay $46,350.04 in charges, reports TMZ.
- Joe Mauer has been placed on waivers, and the Dodgers could look to trade for the Twins catcher. The Red Sox have also been rumored to be interested in the Minnesota star.
- It’s kind of like going to Costco: You buy in bulk and you get big savings -- at least that’s the idea behind JetBlue’s new “GoPack.”
- Eddie Murphy is looking to revive the "Beverly Hills Cop" movie franchise with a new television series. The actor has begun shopping the action-comedy series around to the broadcast networks this week.
- Sarah Hyland, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez and Ariel Winter - better known as the kids from "Modern Family," - are finally getting a much deserved pay increase. Just one month after the "Modern Family" parents got their much publicized raises, the kids are in line to take home approximately $70,000 an episode. The pay is three-times their previous salary, according to TV Guide.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Fierce Winds, Heavy Rains Strike Gulf Coast; Weather Forecasts Predict Hurricane To Last Two More Days (PHOTOS)After raking Louisiana coast, Hurricane Isaac struck the Gulf Coast at 80-mph winds as the outer bands of hurricane-force winds and dangerous storm surge battered New Orleans, Los Angeles Times reported.
- More than 20 years after retiring from the Los Angeles Lakers, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is set to be honored by L.A. in the form a statue bearing his likeness.
- Visual effects are now the foremost draw for most big-budget movies, and yet conditions for the workers who create those effects have never been worse. Many VFX artists face punishing schedules, working with no health insurance or benefits to meet the demands of effects-laden motion pictures.
- The Los Angeles Lakers will give Kareem Abdul-Jabbar a statue outside of Staples Center. Kobe Bryant will likely be the next L.A. star to be honored.
- On Monday, tragedy struck again for Sylvester Stallone.
- The Dodgers could look to trade for Alex Rodriguez next year. Los Angeles has already talked to the New York Yankees about acquiring C.C. Sabathia and Mark Teixeira.