“True Blood” Season 7 is going out with a FANG. The final season kicks off on Sunday, June 22 and to celebrate HBO aired “A Farewell To Bon Temps” special on June 15.
“True Blood” creator Alan Ball and showrunner Brian Buckner gathered with the cast to not only reminisce about previous seasons but also to tell stories about their time on the set and to talk about the ending of their long running series.
Check out some highlights from the video:
- For Sam Trammell, one of his favorite scenes from the show was Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Hoyt’s (Jim Parrack) first meeting at Merlotte’s bar.
- Buckner was ecstatic that Anna Paquin was interested in the role of Sookie because he thought that she was “too big for this.”
- Paquin had to dye her hair blonde for the job, and Buckner was nervous that she would say no.
- The show initially had a hard time casting Bill. At the time, Stephen Moyer had been fired from a pilot and was planning on giving up, but after he read the pilot he decided to send a casting tape from England.
- Alexander Skarsgård had initially auditioned for the role of Bill.
- “As the person tasked with bringing this thing home, I’m very conscious of bringing it back to a center,” Buckner explained in the video. “I think we had a lot of wild sex. We really let go of convention, but I think people will really sort of feel like this was a love story at the end of the day.”
- Skarsgård joked that they should turn the series finale into a musical number because everyone loves musicals.
- “I met Anna [Paquin] that first day, and you don’t expect to meet the person that you’re gonna get married to on the job that you’re doing,” Moyer said of his wife and mother to their two children. “And have as much fun on the job as well.”
- Carrie Preston (Arlene) revealed that her favorite scene is when Sam was a fly and shifted into a human while inside Rosalyn (Carolyn Hennessy).
- Skarsgård had to hold a bag of blood when doing the scene where he held a dying Nora (Lucy Griffiths).
-They had 15 minutes to film Godric’s (Allan Hyde) death scene because it had to be shot when the sun was coming up.
The Season 7 premiere of “True Blood” will air on HBO on Sunday, June 22 at 9 p.m. EDT. What are your favorite “True Blood” moments? Tweet your answers to @AmandaTVScoop and watch the entire “A Farewell To Bon Temps” special below: