A new trailer for “The Vampire Diaries” Season 6 is out! The Oct. 2 premiere is less than a month away and fans are in overdrive trying to get the scoop on the upcoming CW drama. Fortunately the latest promo video drops more clues about the heartbreak and chaos in store for Elena, Stefan, Caroline and the rest of the Mystic Falls supernatural gang. Check out 15 things we learned about Season 6 from the new trailer:
1. Elena In Mourning: As predicted by “Vampire Diaries” viewers, Elena is struggling with the loss of Damon. “I want to thank you for giving me everything I ever wanted,” the devastated teen says in the promo. “A love that consumed me -- adventure, passion. There is nothing more that I could have asked for … except for it to last forever.”
2. Anger: Elena’s grief will eventually turn to anger. The trailer shows the teen smashing a window in the mausoleum where fans last saw Damon in the Season 5 finale.
3. The Current State Of Mystic Falls: The spell that Markos and the Travelers put on Mystic Falls is still going strong. The town remains human only, leading the residents to carelessly frolic around town.
4. Stefan Has Gone MIA: Stefan and Caroline may have grown close last season, but grief changes people. Caroline reveals in the trailer that Stefan left without saying goodbye.
5. Alaric: What in the world is Alaric going to be up to? The former Mystic Falls history teacher and vampire just came back from the dead, but the Traveler spell has prevented him from returning home. Fortunately he won’t be bailing on the supernatural gang, because the video shows him sitting down with Caroline. Perhaps Whitmore College is in his future?
6. Stefan’s New Girl: Stefan is moving on -- not only with a new home, but with a new girl. The trailer features the youngest Salvatore in bed with a sexy brunette. But that’s not the big shocker. Stefan throws caution to the wind when he confesses to her that he’s a vampire.
7. A New Threat For Mystic Falls: The “no vampires in Mystic Falls” thing is pretty clear … however, the promo reveals a new threat may be in town. A couple camping in the woods gets attacked by something fast … but what it is remains a mystery for now.
8. Elena’s New Diet: Forget about blood bags. Elena has once again resorted to feeding on humans. The good news is that Caroline is keeping a close eye on her -- but will a confrontation about the act only drive them apart?
9. Luke Is Back: Last time “Vampire Diaries” viewers saw Luke he had stopped Liv from continuing the spell. The result was Damon being left permanently on the crumbling Other Side. He’ll be back in Season 6, and still at odds with Elena over his witchcraft.
“I need to see Damon,” she says to him, violently grabbing Luke. “And I’m not asking.”
10. Jeremy Drinking: The youngest Gilbert will once again be mixed up in substance abuse. While everyone seems to be focused on the death of Damon, Jeremy will resort to drinking to deal with the loss of Bonnie.
11. Tyler’s Workout: Tyler died in Season 5 of “The Vampire Diaries” but returned thanks to Bonnie and Liv. The only twist? He came back as a human with the werewolf gene. The trailer shows the former hybrid working out -- potentially to deal with the loss of his supernatural strength.
12. Cut Ties: Elena needs a support system to get over Damon, but Stefan isn’t interested. “Damon’s gone,” he brutally tells her. “You need to say goodbye too.”
13. Mystic Falls Grill: The Mystic Grill was a huge hang out for the past five seasons … but not anymore. A quick shot from the promo video shows the restaurant boarded up.
14. Training Day: Mystic Falls might be vampire free, but the residents are still taking precautions for their safety. The trailer gives a glimpse of group training in the middle of town -- perhaps with new character Tripp, the “head of a community militia.”
15. Damon: Where in the world is Damon? And is he coming back with Bonnie? “Vampire Diaries” fans will have to continue waiting for that answer, but the promo does feature the beloved vampire. “Move on,” he says to his teary-eyed girlfriend.
“The Vampire Diaries” Season 6 will premiere on the CW on Thursday, Oct. 2, at 8 p.m. EDT. What do you think of the new promo video? Watch the trailer below and tweet your thoughts to @AmandaTVScoop.