“The Vampire Diaries” Season 7 is adding their first lesbian couple this year, and Nora and Mary Louise will cause plenty of trouble. The two are part of Lily’s (Annie Wersching) group of heretics, vampires with the powers of witches. Fans can now put faces to the names, and after San Diego Comic-Con, we know plenty about the couple.
1. Casting – Teressa Liane, who starred on the Australian soap opera “Neighbours,” will play Mary Louise, according to Variety, while Nora will be played by Scarlett Byrne. “Harry Potter” fans might remember Byrne as the nasty Slytherin Pansy Parkinson, and it sounds like her new role will require the same type of spitefulness.
2. Relationship Drama – Mary Louise is a little overbearing for Nora, as previously reported, and that can cause tension for the women. Their relationship will get even more dramatic when they realize that they don’t have to hide their love anymore. The year 1903 was far from accepting of the LGBT community, and being brought into the present will be an adjustment.
3. Refusing Assimilation – The heretics won’t adjust to the present as well as Lily would like in “The Vampire Diaries” Season 7. “[Lily] is using Mystic Falls as a training ground for how to teach her children how to blend,” Plec told Zap2it. “Unfortunately, they don’t like being told what to do. They’re hungry and they’re vampires. They’re mischievous and bored and cooped up for quite some time so Mystic Falls is sort of the brunt of the joke of the Heretics. It’s a lot of fun and a little twisted.”
4. Caroline – The lovers will not befriend Caroline (Candice Accola). It looks like tormenting her will be their new hobby. “Mary-Louise and Nora are such mean girls,” Plec added. “They are hilarious. They out mean-girl Caroline and they take lots of pleasure in torturing her.”
5. The Family – Mary Louise and Nora will have plenty of help abusing the residents of Mystic Falls. Malcolm (Justice Leak) and Valerie (Elizabeth Blackmore) are the other heretics that will be causing trouble in Season 7.
“The Vampire Diaries” Season 7 premieres Thursday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. EDT on the CW. Are you excited to meet Mary Louise and Nora? Sound off in the comments section below!