New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker is reportedly engaged to former Miss Hooters International Anna Burns.
According to the Boston Herald, Burns had asked Welker for a Cartier love bracelet for Christmas. However, Welker one-upped that request by buying a diamond ring. They have recently moved from Boston down to the suburbs outside the city of Foxboro, where they plan on settling down.
The relationship has been pretty low-key, but here are some facts about the couple:
- Welker was born in Oklahoma City, Okla., while Anna Burns was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Burns was Miss Hooters International 2005 after being elected by a panel of judges among 109 contestants from around the world. She brought home $30,000 in cash and other prizes.
- Welker and Burns have been dating since January 2010.
- They have also been living together since Welker had knee surgery in February 2010 to repair a torn MCL and ACL in his left knee that he suffered in Week 17 in 2009.
- Their first public outing was at the Patriots' loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the 2010 playoffs, just one week after Welker's season-ending knee injury. Welker and Burns watched the game from a Gillette Stadium suite.
- The two were also spotted at the 15th Annual Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant held in Miami, Fla. on June 25th, 2011.
- Recently, Welker and Burns co-hosted a fundraiser for Wes' foundation Welker's 83 Foundation, which helps at-risk kids find positive role models through sports, at the Newton, Mass. home of advertising czar Andy Spellman and his wife, Rachel.
- The two were also recently spotted at a function at Boston's Radius restaurant, hosted by Liberty Bay Credit Union, which supports Welker's 83 Foundation.
Welker has made a bold move just 10 days before the Patriots play the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI on Feb. 5. Whether he gets so tied up that it will distract his play, we will soon find out.