The 2011 NBA Draft is on Thursday June 23, 2011 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The draft will be broadcast on ESPN at 7 PM Eastern Time, 4 PM Pacific Time.
The NBA draft will consist of two rounds. By virtue of winning the NBA lottery, the Cleveland Cavaliers have the first overall selection, followed by the Minnesota Timberwolves, then the Utah Jazz.
Possible early selections include Derrick William of Arizona, Kyrie Irving of Duke, and Brandon Knight of Kentucky
The Golden State Warriors will be selecting 11th in this year's draft.
The draft appears to be moving forward despite the expiration of NBA's collective bargaining agreement on July 1, which is after the draft.
The first 14 slots in the draft were based on a lottery. After that, the draft order is based on regular season record.
Here is the 2011 NBA Draft order:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Los Angeles Clippers)
2. Minnesota Timberwolves
3. Utah Jazz (from New Jersey)
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Washington Wizards
7. Sacramento Kings
8. Detroit Pistons
9. Charlotte Bobcats
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Golden State Warriors
12. Utah Jazz
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Houston Rockets
15. Indiana Pacers
16. Philadelphia 76ers
17. New York Knicks
18. Washington Wizards (from Atlanta)
19. Charlotte Bobcats (from New Orleans via Portland)
20. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Memphis via Utah)
21. Portland Trail Blazers
22. Denver Nuggets
23. Houston Rockets (from Orlando via Phoenix)
24. Oklahoma City Thunder
25. Boston Celtics
26. Dallas Mavericks
27. New Jersey Nets (from Los Angeles Lakers)
28. Chicago Bulls (from Miami via Toronto)
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Chicago Bulls