Shonda Rhimes has taken over Thursday nights with hot TV dramas like "Grey's Anatomy," "How To Get Away With Murder" and "Scandal." Two things the shows all have in common are crazy plot twists and even crazier character deaths.
During a recent interview on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show," Rhimes opened up about her TV dramas and revealed that she once killed off a beloved character simply because she didn't like the actor.
"I'm not naming names," Rhimes told host Larry Wilmore (via People).
Ever since Rhimes' shocking revelation, fans have been trying to figure out which character the executive producer could have been referring to.
One name that immediately popped up was Katherine Heigl, who played Izzie Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy." It was rumored for years that Rhimes and Heigl kept bumping heads on the show, and last year Rhimes opened up about the feud telling The Hollywood Reporter that she doesn't have time for "bulls--- or nasty people."
However, Heigl's character wasn't exactly killed off "Grey's Anatomy." After Izzie discovered she had cancer, the doctor simply disappeared.
Even though we'll probably never know for sure which character Rhimes was talking about, we rounded up the most shocking deaths from "Scandal," "How To Get Away With Murder" and "Grey's Anatomy."
"How To Get Away With Murder"
- Rebecca Sutter (Katie Findlay): Rebecca was found suffocated at the end of Season 1. It was revealed in the current Season 2 that Bonnie (Liza Weil) murdered her to protect Annalise Keating (Viola Davis).
- Sam Keating (Tom Verica): Sam got into a fight with the Keating Five and was killed by Wes (Alfred Enoch) because he was trying to strangle Rebecca.
- Harrison Wright (Columbus Short): Harrison was shot by B613 Operative/White House Secret Service Agent Tom Larsen (Brian Letscher) at the end of Season 3. Harrison's death came after Short continuously made headlines for various arrests and for allegedly threatening to kill his wife.
- James Novak (Dan Bucatinsky): James was married to Cyrus (Jeff Perry) and was shot in the chest by Jake Ballard (Scott Foley) at the end of Season 4.
- Verna Thornton (Debra Mooney): Verna was a member of the Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States and was a part of the Defiance Conspiracy to get President Fitz Grant (Tony Goldwyn) elected into office. Fitz strangled her to death after finding out about Defiance.
- Daniel Douglas Langston (Jack Coleman): Daniel was Sally Langston's (Kate Burton) husband. She murder him in Season 3 after finding out he had an affair with James.
- Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey): Derek died in Season 11. The doctor was hit by a car as he was trying to help someone else involved in a car crash.
- George O'Malley (T.R. Knight): George was killed in Season 5 after jumping in front of a bus to save a woman's life.
- Denny Duquette Jr. (Jeffrey Dean Morgan): Denny, who was Izzie's boyfriend, died in Season 2 from complications from a stroke.
- Mark Sloan (Eric Dane): Mark was in a plane crash at the end of Season 8 and died from complications the following season.
- Dylan Young (Kyle Chandler): In Season 2, Dylan met his sudden death when a bomb he was carrying exploded as he was leaving Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Who do you think Shonda Rhimes intentionally killed off? Share your theories below.