The Golden Globes are an exciting time of year for Hollywood offspring. Ahead of each year’s ceremony, one son or daughter of a well-known member of the entertainment industry is named Mr or Miss Golden Globe. This year the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s honor — duties include helping out during the awards ceremony — has been bestowed to Corinne Foxx. Before the 2016 awards show airs Sunday, get to know this year’s honoree.
1. Famous Dad — The last name Foxx should ring a few bells. Corinne’s father is "Django Unchained" star Jamie Foxx. The Oscar-winning actor welcomed Corinne, 21, in 1994. Foxx has never publicly revealed who Corinne’s mother is.
2. Well-Behaved — Unlike some Hollywood offspring, Corinne is not known for breaking the rules. “She’s humble, she’s never in trouble,” Jamie, now 48, told Variety in November 2015 after his daughter was named Miss Golden Globe.
3. College Educated — Corinne has spent the last several years hitting the books. She’s a second semester senior at the University of Southern California.
Just landed in LA. Final tomorrow at 8am. Haven't started studying. #PrayForMe
— Corinne Foxx (@corinnefoxx) December 13, 2015
4. Modeling — She may be a smart cookie, but she also has model good looks. According to her Instagram profile, she work for LA Models and is represented by LBI Management. She was featured in the February 2015 issue of Rollercoaster magazine. She also recently shot a campaign for The Icing, according to Variety.
— Corinne Foxx (@corinnefoxx) June 30, 2015
5. Cultured — While she's based in Los Angeles, Corinne spent five months traveling Europe in 2015. “One year ago today, I packed my bags and left LA for one of the biggest adventures of my life,” she captioned a shot of her standing in front of London's Big Ben on Instagram Tuesday. “I’m so thankful everyday to have lived in London and have traveled around Europe…”
The 2016 Golden Globes airs Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on NBC.